Position is responsible for assessing the needs of the UNC-Chapel Hill Research Offices for the purpose of designing and developing complex information systems for use by the Research Community at UNC-Chapel Hill. Development tasks will include database design and development, application design and development, and query and report building. Employee will work with other IT personnel within the Office of Research Information Systems under the direction of the Director for Enterprise Applications to provide for any application needs present. Employee will lead data management and transformation tasks, enterprise reporting infrastructure development and work on the team that develops and supports the My Research web systems.
Employee will be responsible for maintenance and ongoing development and enhancement of information systems and reporting infrastructure which will include data conversions, development, testing, training and support.
Employee will use several technologies including but not limited to Java, Coldfusion, Oracle and Microsoft SQL (Server, Reporting Services, Analytic Services, etc).
Employee will develop application and reporting systems using current University and ORIS standards for IT to ensure consistency, reliability and security.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or
- Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or
- Bachelor’s degree and some computer coursework from an appropriately accredited institution and one year of experience in business application consulting or development; or
- Associate’s degree in Computer Programming and one year of experience in application consulting or development; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one year of experience.
- Advanced level requires an additional two years of experience.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of data management, manipulation, query techniques as well as knowledge of programming in Java, Coldfusion and Structured Query Language (SQL). Ability to work as part of a team and to work with functional users to understand functional requirements and translate those into a solution. Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret organization and procedural problems to determine potential for automation. Ability to communicate well in written and oral forms.
Budgeted Hiring Range $65000 – $90000