Riverside Research has an immediate opening in the Champaign, Illinois area for an Information
Systems/Networks Security Specialist.
- Work as an effective team member to manage software and hardware on Windows Servers running Adobe ColdFusion, Microsoft IIS, and Microsoft SQL databases in a high-availability setting and provide corporate networking and desktop support for the Computational Science and Engineering Laboratory (CSE Lab).
- Work with team members and corporate IT staff to configure, stage, operate, backup, and maintain these systems.
- Plan, create, maintain, and operate accredited information systems in accordance within DIACAP/DIARMF parameters.
- Develop server administration, backup, and disaster recovery plans in coordination with team members, program management, and corporate IT staff.
- Perform routine maintenance at non-peak times, maintain offsite backups, monitor hardware health and server room environment.
- Work with team members, program leadership, customer service staff, and clients to identify, develop, and implement efficient hardware and software solutions to complex business processes and challenging technical problems.
- Provide team members with up to date status on all issues including software and hardware updates, patches, and enhancements.
- Develop tasks and schedules in coordination with program management, prepare reports and documents, and promptly update all team members on issues of mutual concern through meetings, written communication, and tracking systems.
- Duties include on-call availability for emergency maintenance on week-ends, after-hours, and on holidays unless coordinated and a pproved, in advance, with Program Manager and Customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be U.S. Citizen and eligible to obtain U.S. Government Security Clearance. An active government security clearance will be considered a plus
- BS in scientific or technical discipline; commensurate experience shall be accepted in lieu of BS • 5+ years of IT experience with web-based application hardware and software platforms
- 5+ years recent experience in high-availability environments
- Experience with Information Security and the planning and implementation of security measures to protect computer systems, networks and data
- Proficient knowledge of Windows Server, IIS, and database server requirements, installation and setup
- Proficient knowledge of Windows domain management requirements
- Experience managing VMWare Vsphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience in switch, router, and firewall configuration
- Experience in remote management, backup, and restoration
- Demonstrated commitment to providing efficient and effective customer services
- Experience managing Windows Operating Systems and SQL Servers