Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a talented Scientific Software Analyst to join our team in Boston. Do you enjoy working on hard problems with incredibly smart people? If so, we have the opportunity for you. We are looking for a scientific software developer who can:
– shape the direction of our custom web tools
– learn new technologies
– interface with scientists to translate their needs
– Partner with engineers and research scientists to design, develop, and support dynamic web applications for a number of different scientific workflows, including study tracking, sample tracking and inventory, and data analysis and visualization.
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related field; or a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences, or other science degree with programming experience.
– 3+ years’ experience in software development, preferably at a pharmaceutical or biotech company
– Demonstrated experience in developing dynamic Web applications
– Knowledge of Mobile app development, Ext-JS application framework, coldfusion a plus
– Scientific background a plus
– Experience with database design and implementation
– Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
– Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment.
– A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.