ColdFusion Developer (Full Time)
Location: Boise, ID
Are you a tinker, finding the need to take things apart, just to see how they work? Are you a geek, with an aptitude for technology? Do you love a challenge, taking on any which confronts you as a chance to learn? If so, Synoptek may be looking for you!
Who is Synoptek and what would the job entail?
Synoptek is an IT consulting firm specializing in Business Process and Systems Consulting, Infrastructure Technology Consulting, Outsourced IT, Website and Software Application Development, Implementation and Design. We foster a fun and connected environment, with employee benefits extending beyond your general compensation and into weekly BBQs and office provided drinks and snacks.
In the role of ColdFusion developer, you will be responsible for providing support and ongoing improvements for a ColdFusion based SaaS website, built on an MVC framework. These improvements will require you to be able to make changes to MySQL database architecture, ColdFusion application logic, and user interface/experience. However, when availability permits, you will have an opportunity to consult with a variety of entities, such as municipalities, universities, and even entertainment companies, such as Disney. We appreciate a person who is excited to try new things, which is why we provide mentoring and an opportunity to learn and grow.
What do I need to know to be successful?
- HTML5, CSS3, Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns (i.e., n-tier, MVC, and MVVM), User-experience Based Design
- MySQL, MariaDB
What other things would it be good for me to know?
- Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development, Integration Testing, Continuous Integration
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Dot Net Nuke, WordPress
What expectations does Synoptek have for me?
- A desire to learn and being able to take feedback/instruction from others
- Willingness to share personal knowledge with the team and expand our knowledge
- The ability to prioritize and switch tasks as priorities change
- Drive to overcome problems independently, but be able to identify when it is time to ask for help
- Ability to speak both “geek” and “laymen”, in order to facilitate clear communication to appropriate parties
- Professional communication and documentation skills
- An organized, detail-oriented, and ethical personality that can be trusted to ensure our clients success