An application development opportunity exists in the Supply Chain Transportation Team as a Java developer. This position allows you to work on a variety of technologies that have a direct impact on store deliveries. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work with our broad user base including distribution centers, stores, regional routing centers, outside vendors and general office business users. The opportunity for travel exists. You will be part of a strong and established team that develops applications and enhancements and provides support for several Transportation Applications (CrossDock, Transview, Jasper Reporting, CAMS, Trucks, One Network, Yard Management, Fuel, Garage Maintenance, PeopleNet, etc.). Our team is currently made up of application developers and support analysts who are highly knowledgeable of the applications that they support, the underlying technologies, and have a great understanding and appreciation of the reliance of their customers on their uninterrupted availability of their applications. Tools, technologies and skills: – Java EE (JSP, JMS, JPA), Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JDBC, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse, Sencha Architect, Maven, AngularJS – Knowledge of WebSphere – SQL – MSSQL, DB2, Oracle – Citrix, Windows Server 200X, UNIX, LINUX – Business Objects, Crystal Reports and Jasper Reporting – JIRA, Infra, TeamCity, Artifactory – A strong working knowledge of Java development, and a working knowledge of web based delivery techniques and technologies. – Familiarity with Eclipse or a comparable IDE. – Team oriented, yet able to self-motivate and direct. – Must be comfortable providing support and maintaining code written by others. – Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as part of a support rotation. – Mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior or less experienced associates.
The Developer is responsible for leading the design, development, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting software components in accordance to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices. The Developer has overall responsibility in the technical design process. Leads and participates in the application technical design process and completes estimates and work plans for design, development, implementation, and rollout tasks. The Developer also communicates with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards. The Developer strives to continuously improve the software delivery processes and practices. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Current tools and technologies include (insert one of the following):
- Java developers: Java, J2EE, SQL, JSF, Stripes, Struts, Hibernate, JPA, Spring, Acegi Security, JBoss, Websphere, DB2, Informix, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, JDBC, JUnit, Eclipse
- ColdFusion developers: ColdFusion, SQL, Fusebox, CFCs, WebSphere, PERL, Eclipse, Ant, Maven, CFC Unit
- .NET developers: Microsoft .NET, Commerce Server 2007, BizTalk, AD/AM, Sharepoint 2007/MOSS, NUnit, MBUnit, TFS, OOD.
- Mainframe and Midrange developers: ANSI C (or C++), Unix/AIX, PERL, Cobol, CICS and MVS Informix (or other Relational DB), Embedded SQL, kshell, make, gdb, gcc and Eclipse.
- ETL developers: Ab Initio, shell scripts
Essential Job Functions:
- Build partnerships across the application, business and infrastructure teams.
- Develop programming specifications. Design, code and unit test application code using Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) best practices.
- Complete estimates and work plans with the assistance of more senior team members as appropriate for design, development, implementation and rollout tasks.
- Create technical system documentation and ensure that this documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are managed appropriately and that completed assignments are of the highest quality.
- Support and maintain applications utilizing required tools and technologies. Provide support for applications, including involvement with the Support Center, NOC, Infrastructure teams, and vendors as appropriate. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) as required.
- May assist other personnel on assignments including mentoring or providing on-the-job training to more junior associates.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 4 – 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies.
- Proven communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IS or related equivalent work experience in an Information Systems position.
- 4 – 6 years experience in systems analysis, design or programming and the associated development methodologies with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
- Prior experience with project planning with medium size or medium level complexity projects.
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time