LOCATION: Geisinger Office Building II
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time
The System Development team is seeking a senior level professional to assist in supporting the implementationand support of its security products used with their web-based systems. The technologies associated with such systems include, but are not limited to: operating systems & associated security methodologies; web based provisioning, access management, and single sign-on; programming languages; digital certificates and web security appliances & devices such as SSL VPN appliances and application delivery controllers; security tokens; and layered multi-factor risk-based authentication security. This position will provide key insight into design, enhancement, and implementation to its security architecture and infrastructure.
Must be detail oriented, able to do advanced problem solving, understand complex systems and perform thorough problem analysis. Required to maintain continuing education in ever-changing web security technologies. Is a key player on a multi-disciplinary team and will engage in all aspects of the application lifecycle, as needed, for each project to be successful. Works directly with peers, customers, and/or vendors to establish project scope, milestones and ensure the project is meeting all business needs. Is expected to be a self-starter, work with minimal supervision, mentor and guide the work of others. Typically reports to a team leader, manager, or director.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands assigned tasks and ask for clarification when necessary.
- Works with other technical staff to complete assignments.
- Implements and documents all system changes based on assignments and time lines.
- Follows department coding, security, and user interface guidelines.
- Provides code review, testing, debugging, technical documentation, general testing instructions, and assistance in go-live planning, go-live moves, and post-live support.
- Communicates any and all progress, roadblocks, issues to the team and management in a timely manner.
- Provides training and documentation to team members on new assignments.
- Assists with training of new staff members.
- Follows and uses proper project management principles on all projects.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned by emergency or other operational reasons for which the employee is qualified to perform.
- Denotes essential job duties
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Experience supporting, installing and maintaining software in Unix, Linux, and Windows Server environments
- Specific experience with Windows and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux preferred
- Experience supporting, installing, configuring, and maintaining web servers
- Specific experience with IIS, Oracle iPlanet Web Server and Apache HTTPD preferred
- Experience supporting, installing, configuring, and maintaining web application servers
- Specific experience with IIS, Tomcat, Adobe ColdFusion and Oracle products preferred
- Experience supporting, installing, configuring and maintaining RSA Security products or equivalents
- Specific experience with RSA Access Manager, RSA Adaptive Authentication, RSA Authentication Manager and RSA Federated Identity Manager preferred
- Experience supporting web-based security appliances
- Specific experience with Cisco ASA, Juniper, Microsoft ForeFront UAG and/or F5 appliances preferred
- Working knowledge of DNS and TCP-IP as it pertains to deploying web-based systems
- Working knowledge of firewall systems as it pertains to deploying web-based systems
- Working knowledge of proxy and reverse proxy servers
- Experience generating, deploying and maintaining digital certificates
- Working knowledge of enterprise RDBMS and SQL
- Specific experience with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database platforms
- Working knowledge of redundant and high-availability server equipment and configuration concepts
- Experience planning, testing, and documenting disaster recovery procedures
- Experience managing technical projects including project plan development, resource and time estimation, and reporting
- Experience generating and maintaining technical documents
- Demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to problem solve through problem analysis
- Demonstrates the ability to break a project down into manageable and estimate-able tasks
- Demonstrates the ability to learn independently. Must be able to handle on-call situations and be available 24 hours a day while serving team on-call on a rotating basis.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree or technical diploma in Computer Science or Information Science required.
- Minimum of six years work experience in web application development required.
- Minimum of ten years experience of demonstrated professional success in the area of web development using the specific team technology stack may be considered equivalent to the educational requirement.