QBP is currently looking for a Senior Developer to join our team in Bloomington, MN.
What you will do:
The primary responsibility is to write code to maintain and improve QBP’s software applications. Other duties include involvement in the entire development lifecycle including creating formal design specifications, providing input on IT solutions, troubleshooting application issues, documenting specifications and ongoing maintenance of QBP’s software and hardware systems.
Analyzing / Planning – Before starting on any project. Developer must plan their work and document the planned implementation.
• Big Picture Thinking – Thinking about the business goals before starting to work on a project
• Resolves problems completely, doesn’t apply band aid
• Considers long-term impact – Understand the long term impact before starting on a project (maintainability, scalability)
• Troubleshooting – Good ability to troubleshoot using debugging tools and code snippets.
• Project Planning (think through code plan before writing first line of code)
• Test Planning (key components clearly communicated to testers)
• Deployment Planning – Plan and document all code releases. Document database and code changes. Write deployment steps that prevent outages and errors during deployment
• Error Rate – Code falls within acceptable guidelines for error rates
• Adherence to Standards & Best Practices
• Maintain Application Security based on OWASP best practices
• Develop projects that are compatible with all major browsers
• Write code that is Reusability in other areas of the software
• Develop projects that displays quickly and uses the minimum required CPU and Memory
• Write code that is Scalability
• Write code that is easily readable by other developers
• Conducting code reviews for other developers on the team
• Coach and mentor other developers. Seeks Input (when stuck or making important decisions)
• Documents Clearly and Appropriately (e.g. code comments, task resolution, scheduler)
• Meets Deadlines or Identifies/Communicates Obstacles In Advance
*Other duties as assigned
Requirements What you need to succeed:
• Senior Developer must at least 6 years of experience developing Internet applications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum three years’ experience developing Internet Applications (PHP, Ruby, Python, ColdFusion, ASP.net etc.)
• 6 years T-SQL development experience including writing stored procedures
• Experience with Jquery and AJAX
• Attention to detail, putting yourself in retailer’s/customer’s shoes, working with others to meet QBP goals
• Learn quickly, good communication skills, enjoy teamwork, positive can-do attitude, deadline/goal oriented.
• Work at computer for extended periods of time, some weekend work possible if there is a hard deadline. Being on call is a possibility to help resolve off hours server issues. Remain focused in close proximity to coworkers in busy office.
Modeling QBP Core Values:
• Act with integrity
• Be a true partner
• Create something special
• Deliver greatness
• Keep the customer first