Medical Science & Computing, Inc. (MSC) is dedicated to providing scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a long history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH). MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities. We are currently searching for a DCMS Developer to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This is a full-time position located at the NIH Campus in Bethesda, MD.
- Support and maintain a mature business critical application that loads and extracts medical journal citation data to and from an Oracle database.
- Map data received and sent as XML to Oracle database using a table-driven Java program.
- Load tables for XML mapping by using a combination of Shell script and C programs
- Use an Adobe Flex/ColdFusion application once the XML DTD tree is loaded to map the tree elements to the Oracle database
- Employ knowledge of UNIX and Linux commands and Shell Scripting to complete tasks as assigned
- Support department-wide migration to Django/Python
- Employ problem-solving and multi-tasking skills to achieve project objectives within a team environment
- Very strong hands-on experience in Java with JAPX for XML parsing (SAX & DOM parsers)
- Very Strong hands-on experience in Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience using Django and Python
- Very strong skills and experience in analysis and tuning the performance of database applications
- Demonstrated experience in system/application design and architecture
- Demonstrated experience in application/system performance and best practice of coding
- Demonstrated experience in researching new technologies and making recommendations about their applicability in development projects
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and repairing software systems, both collaboratively and individually
- Knowledge and experience in application/database security
- Knowledge and experience in XML/DTD/XSLT and Linux/UNIX
- BS and MS or in Computer Science or related field
- 4 years of related experience required