Our client is a dynamic early childhood education company that provides the most innovative and effective curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family connection resources to programs serving children from birth through kindergarten.
With ground-breaking solutions and a strong belief that the most powerful way to impact child outcomes is to improve teacher effectiveness, our client has been supporting the critical work of early childhood educators for over 25 years.
- If you are a talented Web Developer who can thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, project-driven environment then you have the opportunity to join the technology group in Bethesda, MD.
- Working with a team of internal and external software developers you will help design, develop, and implement our industry leading Web-based assessment system and other new products used by early childhood educators.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Web Developer who is excited about developing web applications and is also willing to learn and apply new technologies.
- The candidate must be proficient in Object-Oriented Programming methodologies and techniques, understanding of complex data structures, and demonstrate a working knowledge of SQL and relational databases.
- Design, develop and implement Web-based and mobile products used by early childhood educators
- Support and maintain existing applications
- Document program code and provide user documentation
- Participate in code reviews
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Write unit tests to exercise new code
- Work with QA to review test cases and ensure proper test case coverage
- Contribute to the continued optimization of team work processes and practices by actively participating in the Agile process
- 2-5 years of software development experience working on complex Web-based applications required
- B.S. in computer science or related discipline preferred
- Knowledge of the ColdFusion programming language or ability and desire to learn new programming languages
- ColdFusion certification a plus
- Practical experience building applications with one or more of the following:
- Ability to write and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures (T-SQL and MySQL)
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Experience with Subversion or other version control system
- Experience with Jira or other ticket tracking software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and deliver quality consistent results in a timely manner
- Ability to travel as needed up to 10%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products required
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, creative, and challenging environment
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to frequently answer the telephone and communicate verbally
- Ability to frequently read and understand text via computer and mobile device
- Ability to frequently stand and/or sit for extended periods of time based on the task
- Ability to frequently manipulate computer keyboard, mouse, and mobile device
- Ability to travel via car, bus, train and/or airplane