This position is the principal producer of web applications, web sites, data management systems, and database-driven content management systems for Marketing Communications, Annual Giving, Gift Planning, External Relations, and Donor Stewardship, as well as support for the schools, colleges and campus funding units. This includes public facing web sites such as Give to Berkeley and the @Cal Alumni Network, the Campaign web site, and internal web assets such as the Big Give. May also consult on the development of other campus websites and perform other duties as assigned.
- 50% Web application development and database design
- 20% Technology consultant and analyst
- 20% Web updates, troubleshooting and maintenance
- 10% Web documentation, client training and support
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and SQL databases (table-less layout)
- Ability to implement web-based search, retrieval, and update for a large or relational database and create programs that display HTML pages using database retrieval results.
- Ability to write programs to generate queries from a web-based forms and also work as the principal support person in Marketing Communications for communicating with the alumni database team on web/database connectivity issues, including web services.
- Thorough knowledge of web applications programming function.
- Interpersonal; skills in order to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Experience working in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to understand business needs and how business systems can support those needs.
- Must be self-motivated, work independently or as part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Salary & Benefits
- Salary is $74,250 to $89,800, based on experience.