Our client is in the process of enhancing a tracking system. Additionally, the position may be required to code enhancements or perform maintenance for other applications. The position is for an Application developer with solid software development skills in ColdFusion 8 and SQL Server. The position will also be involved in the requirements gathering, technical design, and testing of the applications. The candidate must have experience in object oriented web application design and development.
The Applications Developer will assist in the development of the technical design, coding, testing and rollout of the revised system. This will include participation in requirements gathering work sessions with internal users and translating the results into requirement specifications, design specifications, web page mock ups and other documents to explain and define the requirements for the application. The developer will also be working with a BA and end users to add additional functionality to the system. The developer needs to have usability type skills, develop forms and understand form based design, and make the application simple for users. They will also do basic testing and bug fixes.
- 5+ years developing ColdFusion applications (version 8 or higher)
- 5+ years development experience using MS SQL Database Server 2008 or higher including stored procedures, triggers, and MS SQL Server Management Studio
- Demonstrated proficiency in Service Oriented Architecture, including the development of Web Services
- Experience designing and developing forms (there is no form builder – they build forms using ColdFusion)
- Experience working with Active Directory 2008 or later versions (AWU uses AD for login to all systems)
- N-tier development experience (more front end development but will need to integrate with databases)
- Experience with common data access protocols: Microsoft’s ODBC and OleDB, and Microsoft/IBM’s respective java drivers
- Writing SQL queries and knowledge of relational databases.
- Strong understanding of SDLC (currently at req gathering phase)
- Demonstrated proficiency with recent MS SQL application database architecture including stored procedures, triggers and MS SQL Server Management Studio.
- Translating business requirements into system concepts, designs and supporting requirements documentation
- Participating in requirements gathering interviews and work sessions with users.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Service Oriented Architecture, including the development of Web Services.
- Experience with web services platform: IBM WebShere branded application server v.6.1, process server v.6.2.x, and enterprise service bus
Required Skills for Cold Fusion Developer Job:
- COLD FUSION
- SQL 2008