What We Do:
The Governor’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) strives to impact the lives of all Coloradans to create a safer, happier and healthier state. We work to empower the State of Colorado with flexible technology that will drive sustainable and intelligent business decisions. We envision a future where the end-user experience shapes design, and data analytics transform how state government serves its residents.
How We Do IT:
- We build on the basics with cutting edge technology
- We secure Colorado through innovation
- We empower, engage, and energize our employees
- We strengthen Colorado’s tech landscape
Why We Want You:
We want your expertise, positive energy, drive to succeed and love of this great state as we work to elevate the expectations Coloradans have of their government.
What You’ll Get From Us:
At OIT you will find an opportunity to contribute meaningful work to support and serve Colorado residents. It’s your chance to combine your love of technology with public service. Plus, you’ll have great benefits, motivated team members, and opportunities for flexible work hours and advancement.Description of Job
**This position will be open until filled or until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained**
This position exists to develop, unit test, release and deploy Line Of Business (LOB) applications for each assigned agency within its defined scope of responsibility. The position also provides operational support and maintenance services throughout the life cycle. These services vary in scope from minor enhancements to application replacement and modernization in alignment with a statewide enterprise operating environment.
The scope of responsibility is based upon the level of authority identified for this role, i.e. small projects within department to any size simultaneous requests across OIT.
Under direction from senior developers, design, develop, debug, document, and test new application services to support designated agencies and/or the enterprise. Specific work efforts are assigned from annual agency work plans and the OIT Playbook.
- Ensures development activities within the position’s scope of responsibility are consistent with established service portfolio policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Determines the best approach in the development of an application’s code to meet the customer’s current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs.
- Identifies and recommends changes to development policies, processes, templates and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work being delivered.
- Needs to collaborate across a matrix management environment with other developers, other OIT department staff and project managers as needed. Must understand lines of authority and follow protocol to engage other resources.
- Finds unique ways to resolve issues in the development process to both meet the requirements of the customers and be the most efficient in its implementation.
Release and deployment services:
Control the packaging, testing and deployment of new application solutions. Coordinate update releases and other system changes as may be needed over the life cycle. Follow OIT change management procedures. Update system documentation and configuration information appropriately.
- Organizes and builds all segments of the code related to a specific build (release) and ensures the packaged build is working correctly for final User Acceptance Testing.
- Contributes to the analysis, design, and implementation of break/fix solutions in the course of incident management and resolution.
Tracking and reporting of work assigned
Working with the supervisor, develops estimates of the work effort necessary to deliver application solutions based upon the project specifications provided. Records time spent on work activities into the approved project tracking system. Provides appropriate progress reports to the supervisor or project manager as requested.
- Determining reasonable and accurate estimates for the completion of assigned work activities.
Identifies and completes job-related training to maintain current skills in applications development, process planning and maintenance & optimization capabilities.
- Determines areas of opportunity for growth in current skillset.
- Identifies and decides on methods to obtain knowledge growth, whether it is through training, job experience, or work partnering.
Additional Duties As Assigned
- Responsible for performing all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, or related fields. As a substitution, 5 years of ColdFusion applications development experience.
- Effective understanding of latest technologies and should identify how to apply them.
- Documented proficiency working collaboratively with teams across the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with delivering application prototypes and pilots in various project methodologies such as agile, waterfall, spiral, etc.
- Be able to multi-task, have strong communications skills and is self-motivated.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel required.