Works as part of an agile team to design, implement and revise software applications. Writes sleek, performant code in a manner consistent with the team’s style and best practices. Collaborates with clients and stakeholders in the development of requirements. Stays abreast of the “state of the art” through self and group study.
- 1 year of experience with Coldfusion development is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of academic administration or clinical research applications.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology or other SDLC
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, engineering, or a related field OR High School Diploma and equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two years of web application development experience with a framework such as Ruby-on-Rails, Python/Django, Java/Spring.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with SOA and integration between systems.
- Experience with client-side/front-end development.
- Experience collaborating on software via version control.
- Fundamental linux skills.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Analysis and Design principles and of N-tier application architecture, and software design patterns.
- Experience with structured query languages
- Knowledge of Software Testing and Validation
- Understanding of principles of enterprise-level software support
- Strong communication skills to be able to interact with the clients/stakeholders
Additional Job Details
Initial specific responsibilities include designing, developing and supporting enterprise applications in Coldfusion. In subsequent projects, the candidate may implement solutions in business process modeling software, Java/J2EE or Rails.