Job Purpose: Perform intermediate level system analysis, definition and design activities often of a complex nature for new software applications. Configure, modify and maintain existing applications.Major Responsibilities:
- Assist in refining business case or need for system solution; Document functional and technical requirements.
- Analyze application specifications, application functionality white papers, or other similar documents to gain understanding of features and potential use cases.
- Develop and document application modification designs, system specifications, develop initial time and resource estimates, identify any exceptions to customer specifications, prepare formal testing scripts and help prepare production support documentation to ensure sustainable delivery.
- Provide technical support directly to customers to respond to queries about EIS Applications and their use or to explain the design and function of available system solutions where possible.
- Assist the other application support engineers as needed.
- Assist the application support engineers to assemble and test the final products with controls as needed.
- Assist and/or perform both in-house and customer training and consultation, as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work Experience: Two to four years of job related experience.
- Skills: This job requires effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to plan, organize, and multi-task in order to meet deadlines. This job also requires an intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications; and a demonstrated experience of business systems and IT architecture. Demonstrated skills involving developing solutions with little or no precedents; being detail oriented and well organized is also required.
- Preferred Work Experience: Demonstrated experience in systems and IT architecture; Demonstrated skills involving developing solutions with little or no precedents are also required.
- Preferred Skills: Expertise in web technologies development to include Coldfusion, HTML5, CSS, PHP; Experience with database technologies to include Oracle and/or SQL Svr; Crystal Reports development experience is also highly preferred;
Job Activities: Development, implementation and support of all EIS Distributed Applications with primary focus on Java/PHP/Coldfusion , EMC Documentum, Kronos WFC and their integration with EIS ERPs such as PeopleSoft, Banner, and the Oracle/SQLdatabases.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with:Other application support engineers, developers and analysts, project managers,database administrators, system administrators, customers and department management. This position typically will advise and counsel: Application Support Engineers and management within Enterprise Information Systems.