The Web Developer will be part of CLR’s Software Development Team who develop, maintain, and enhance the company’s intranet and website.
The Web Developer will primarily work with CLR employees and may occasionally work with external customers.
- Improve CLR by developing software to automate company business processes
- Follow the CLR’s Software Development Working Group process to determine projects and priorities of internal customers
- Design, code, test, and debug applications based on requirements
- Develop documentation for applications
- Enhance and maintain existing applications
- Provide regular status reports detailing the status of applications and assigned projects
- Post content to the intranet
- Coordinate and post content updates to the website
- Work with external customers to update content on their websites and occasionally provide custom development solutions
- Design and maintain relational databases
- Create and maintain user accounts on the CLR intranet
- Create employee badges
- Perform weekly tagging of Subversion branches
- Other related responsibilities and duties as assigned
- BA/BS with 4-6 years of relevant experience, AA with 6 years of relevant experience
- 8 years of relevant experience can be substituted for the degree if you are working towards a degree.
- 3-5 years experience developing applications with Adobe ColdFusion
- 1-2 years experience using the Mach-II MVC framework (Fusebox 4 or Model-Glue may be substituted)
- 3-5 years experience working with SQL as the backend for web applications (other relational databases may be substituted based on nature of experience)
- Demonstrated experience with full life-cycle software development
- Demonstrated experience with Subversion or other source control tools
- Demonstrated skill in business process analysis, software design, requirements definition and documentation
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- A code sample will be required for all candidates. This code sample should demonstrate all of the following disciplines – ColdFusion, SQL, and one of the following ColdFusion frameworks (MachII, Fusebox, or Model-Glue).
- All candidates who come in for an in person interview will be given a 30 – 45 minute coding test.
- Demonstrated experience with AJAX (jQuery or Prototype / Script.aculo.us libraries)
- Demonstrated experience with XHTML & CSS
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe products such as Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop
- ColdFusion 8 Certification