NES is searching for a strong Applications Engineer with excellent customer service skills to support the Army’s Application Migration Business Office. The candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in enterprise software applications architecture and engineering. Experience designing, and leading andor implementing at least one enterprise or near-enterprise level software system is a must. As part of a team assisting in the migration of Army applications to DOD approved enterprise hosting facilities, the candidate will assist in the assessment and guiding application owners through the migration process. The candidate must become familiar with the characteristics of a variety of DOD and commercial hosting environments and be able to perform an engineering analysis to determine which hosting environment would best meet the systemapplication’s requirements. The ideal candidate should possess the skills and experiences listed below.
- Strong verbal communication skills as required in meetings with application owners.
- Strong written communication skills needed to produce various migration-related artifacts.
- Experience with MS Visio, MS PowerPoint for diagramming presentation development is preferable.
- Experience with all architectural aspects of enterprise applications, most specifically multi-tier web applications.
- Experience with and virtualization strategies to include developing applications within the commercial cloud environment.
- Capable of supporting a cross-functional team consisting of business leads, system engineers, application engineers and IA personnel.
- Capable of managing and coordinating individual workloads while simultaneously supporting multiple migration efforts.
- Strong background in DoDArmy computing environments and application security requirements.
- Familiarity with Microsoft ProjectProject ServerSharePoint 2010, Agile processes, and SCRUM.
- Possess the analytical ability to examine application architectures and make technical assessments to identify appropriate target hosting environments.
- Familiarity with utilization assessment and capacity planning, identity management, and authorization strategies
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Linux operating environments.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and limited time constraints.
- 3+ years’ experience in developingreengineering enterprise applications experience with .NET, JAVA, PHP, andor COLDFUSION.
- Familiarity with LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, and Domain Controller implementation strategies is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.