JOB DESCRIPTION: Software Applications Engineer that supervises a team providing the daily operation and oversight of the Fielding & Readiness Equipping Database (FRED) tool suite as well as integration of FRED into processes and practices, to include but not limited to:
- Application customization at the direction of the government
- Fielding Management and Asset Tracking
- Training Management
- Document Collaboration and Configuration Management
- Field Support Personnel Activity Tracking
- Knowledge Capture and Management
- Technical Support/Sustainment/Business Analysis
The DevOps lead will possess a strong problem solving skill set and the ability to learn new technologies quickly. The DevOps lead will be strong in Cold Fusion, Oracle, and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) technologies. Specific responsibilities of the developer will include:
- Support and enhance FRED using an Agile development process.
- Perform gathering/analyzing user requirements, and review of functional and data requirements analysis with stakeholders.
- Perform system of systems and design analysis.
- Create a design and work with team members to ensure the implementation meets the design.
- Develop code in accordance with the design.
- Resolve unexpected technical issues that arise during development and operations.
- Communicating and coordinating with members of the team.
- Perform systems planning, business information planning, and business analysis.
Performs information systems development, functional and data requirements analysis, systems analysis and design, programming, program design, and documentation preparation. Implements information engineering projects; and performs systems analysis; design and programming using CASE and IE tools and methods, systems planning, business information planning, and business analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 7 years of relevant experience. Education requirements may be substituted with an additional four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience and understanding of Army organizations, structure, and operating procedures.
- Familiarity with the Fielding & Readiness Equipping Database (FRED) or other logistics information databases is desirable.
- Demonstrated administration/maintenance experience in the daily operation and oversight of the Database systems and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in relational database such as Oracle.
- Experience integrating disparate systems via web based interfaces such as REST and SOAP.
- Familiar with CASE and IE tools and methods.
- Current SECRET clearance.
- Familiarity with knowledge of Army tactical radios or other Army C4ISR systems is desirable.