The Senior Systems Developer will be responsible for operational support and functional enhancements of a ColdFusion application with heavy PL/SQL components. Knowledge of Naval Ship Yard applications is a plus. The candidate selected for this role will work with limited direction and be a self starter and assist in management of resources within a project schedule; consistently deliver high-quality services to clients and mentor those with less experience through informal channels. This skilled individual seeks and participates in support opportunities above and beyond required training and supports other employees through both formal and informal training programs.
The ideal person will possess personal qualities to include developing relationships with client personnel that foster ties with our clients; communicating effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management. Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships and manage client expectations effectively.
As a valued member of this team, the Senior Systems Developer must be able to perform and/or display the following core competencies that are essential to the success of this role:
- Possesses significant knowledge of the ColdFusion language
- Possesses significant knowledge of both Oracle and SQL Server Data Bases
- Possesses significant knowledge and experience with Oracle PL/SQL
- Possesses significant knowledge of SharePoint migration and implementations
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server architectures.
- Creates well designed, reusable objects.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new emerging concepts and software.
- Client Management
- A Secret clearance is required.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent and five to seven years of related experience.
- 02-04 years w/Masters Degree