The qualified candidate will be part of a local and partially distributed team to develop and maintain web-based software applications and e-commerce solutions to support customer and business needs. The candidate will need to assist in the development and evolution of highly-available enterprise-level sites and applications according to a distributed development and administration model, and assist with associated standards, style guides, templates and process documents.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain our online e-commerce and back-end applications.
- Troubleshoot complex system issues and fix software defects when required.
- Prototyping, building and testing scripts on new projects.
- Defect repair on currently deployed systems.
- Database programming, including SQL queries, schema, table and view creation.
- Unit testing of all code artifacts.
- Documentation of all work artifacts, including code comments, user manuals, and development notes.
- Continuous integration of code into source code control systems.
- Work with IT Leadership on strategic software and development planning.
- Collaborate with Best Buy internal clients and 3rd party vendors.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other team members both local and remote.
- Ability to work independently while participating in a team environment.
- Work within deadlines and establish responsible personal work plans.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Effective decision-making and the ability to make recommendations on technology strategies is important.
- Must have strong object-oriented programming and design skills with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with ColdFusion and SQL Server.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience creating physical databases from logical data models, managing databases and writing stored procedures, triggers, views, and functions in SQL Server.
- Proficiency in applied SDLC
- Experience using source control systems (TFS, Subversion, etc.)
MUST be authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or extensive training and experience in related fields.
- Test driven and Agile Development
- Java development, SOAP, Web services
- Breadth of understanding of development for eCommerce solutions