Title: Business/Programmer Analyst
Location: Trevose, PA
Duration: 4-6 months
The Information Technology Analyst primary responsibilities include working with a wide cross-section of business teams – operational, finance, human resources, IT, and executive management. Through interviews, document analysis and standard analyst tools such as use cases, scenarios and task and workflow analysis, the business analyst creates the core documentation necessary for our client to support and maintain their systems.
The Information Technology Analyst is under the direction of the Director of IT. Duties are as assigned by the Director.
- Analyze and evaluate existing systems to fully document them. This is to include program specifications, UML Model Diagrams, data flow diagrams, use case diagrams, logic coding workflows, DB Schemas
- Collects, analyzes and documents the business processes appropriate for a given project, translates them into business requirements and produces from them functional specifications and test plans.
- Develops requirements specifications according to standard templates.
- Creates training and knowledge base documentation
- Provides project functionality consistency and links between business leadership, internal customers, IT teams and third party vendors throughout the implementation and development lifecycle.
- Evaluates requirements and assesses solutions based on operational, business and financial needs and ensures alignment with project objectives and overall company strategic plans.
- Applies proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate business processes through careful analysis in order to maximize the benefit of investments in IT initiatives.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Structures, designs and participates in the training of key staff
- Assists with direct support for systems during the design, implementation and roll-out phases
- Works directly with all levels of staff in the company, including business supervisors and management, IT and Finance regional and national leadership as well as executive management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or related field or equivalent work experience required plus 4 years or more of additional relevant experience required
- Experience in managing and maintaining web sites, web design, web graphics, HTML5, CSS and other web related technologies highly desired
- Experience with Linux as well as MS server OS’s and databases
- Experience with Android/iOS programming preferred
- Familiarity with version control system.
- Strong knowledge of mobile and web UI design principles, patterns and best practices
- Strong problem solving skills and attitude
- Very strong Initiative – self-managing and self-motivating.
- Desire to stay current with latest platform/OS features and changes.
- Positive and optimistic attitude.
- Strong communication, organizational, and documentation skills mandatory.
- Flexibility, teamwork, and absolute ownership of assigned tasks