Position: Sr. Coldfusion developer
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Employment Type: Contract – Hire
The function of the Sr. ColdFusion Support Developer is to fix identified issues and bugs (trouble tickets) in the system, monitor production systems by looking at logs and error emails, work with Support and QA through the life cycle of an identified bug, from reporting the bug till fixing it in the production system(s). Applications that the Sr. ColdFusion Support Developer will be working on are Order Management, E-commerce, Integration, WMS and TMS systems.
Required Education and Experience:
- H.S. Degree / GED College Degree Certification/License*
- BA/BS degree, plus 5+ years experience or equivalent combination of experience/education is required
- 5+ years experience in ColdFusion or Java
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle).
Necessary Skills or Characteristics:
- Solid career as a developer with an interested in potentially functioning as a team lead.
- Ability to successfully mentor less experienced developers
- Must understand the principles of database design and modeling
- Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues
- Knowledge of software best practices and documentation
- Must understand Web and Internet architecture
- An ability to work on multiple assignments in a fast-paced dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Fix identified code bugs and issues using ColdFusion, T-SQL and Java programming languages.
- Monitor production systems performance and error logs/emails.
- Perform unit and benchmark testing for developed software.
- Follow Jagged Peak’s programming standards.
- Have a working knowledge of the EDGE core product.
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Interact with clients in a technical advisory (SME) capacity.
- Develop a professional working relationship with company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.