3+ Month Contract-to-Hire
The primary short term objective of this role is to ensure high service availability, stability, security and productivity of the HDI back office applications/tools (inspection acquisition, data entry, translation, & data transfer). The long term objective of this position is to actively participate in the design, build, and deployment of the next generation of this application. This is a Cold Fusion application built on enterprise MSSQL databases.
- Main Responsibilities:
- Address day-to-day applications and data transfer issues ensuring system remains functional and in good working order and speed/coverage are maximized.
- Develop, clarify, and manage the scope of enhancement and upgrade projects; manage expectations; define deliverables; and achieve targeted outcomes.
- Code system fixes, enhancements, features and upgrades.
- Architect both front-end and back-end application components related to data storage, capture and presentation.
- Execute project work plans coding system fixes, enhancements, features and upgrades. Revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Minimize exposure and risk on projects.
- Actively seek ways to apply technology to business processes, researching and providing information on technical trends, competitors and practices relevant to the sector businesses.
- 4+ years of experience in technical area
- 4+ years experience in full lifecycle SDLC application development
- 2+ years experience with ColdFusion
- 4+ years of experience working through the needs analysis, requirements gathering, and design of applications focused on an efficient and intuitive user experience.
- 4+ years programming and maintaining enterprise-level applications written in a dynamic web development language
- 4+ years experience with relational database design, SQL development and stored procedures in Microsoft SQL Server
- 4+ years of experience writing advanced and efficient SQL queries, views, and stored procedures against large tables
- High level of English proficiency
- 4+ years of experience with ColdFusion
- 2+ years experience and/or proficiency using HTTP GET and POST operations
- Highly analytical and process oriented.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision
- Experience with UC4 job creation and scheduling
- ETL experience utilizing Informatica, SSIS, or similar application
- Experience defining and transforming large XML documents
- A self-starter, displaying an interest and ability to acquire new skills and work with different technologies
- Horizontal Integration participates in Everify