Job Title: ColdFusion Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Work Schedule: 5 day week with flexible hours
Reporting: Positions will report to IT Manager – Two Positions
Date Needed: ASAP
Length of Assignment: 5 months
- Upgrade ColdFusion applications to version 9
- Implement Open Source Software Policy
- Support customer requested application and report enhancements for ADS supported technologies like ColdFusion, Oracle, SQL Server, BOE and Commercial Off the Shelf tools
- Support application upgrade and testing activities related to ColdFusion upgrade to version 9.
- Assess and document open source software / tools used within the organization Collaborate with ADS staff to implement the OSS policy and guidelines for Minneapolis IT-ADS section and support on-going tasks needed to maintain open source software / tools.
- Coordinate and work on compliance activities tied to developed applications.
- Assist with testing frameworks. Assist in designing tests so they exercise the test that is needed at the appropriate application layer.
- Work with development staff to understand problems with existing software and applications and provide recommendations for improvement and enhancements.
- Consult with development staff on technical issues.
- Ensure tools and/or frameworks recommended will align with FRS Enterprise Architecture (EA) bricks.
- Provide analytical insight around application design and help define best practices.
- Support customer requests for application and reporting enhancements in the areas of ColdFusion, Oracle, SQL Server, BOE and COTS products like JIRA, Mainsaver, Archer etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, application development best practices, strategies, and SDLC methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Solid background and proficiency in programming languages and tools.
- 3 to 5 years of software development experience in ColdFusion 8/9, SQL Server 2005/2008, Web Services (WCF), Web Applications, HTML 5, IIS.
- Experience in various IT regulatory and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates with significant experience in any of the following areas:
- ColdFusion 8/9
- Microsoft IIS
- Open Source Software / tools used in Application Development