Abt Associates seeks a temporary Web Developer to be based in Cambridge. This temporary position will be responsible for hands on analysis, development, troubleshooting, programming, and documentation. Provides support for existing web applications and will work with the Senior Web Developer.
- Tasks will include building of application on ColdFusion development server and migration of content from WebSphere WCM to ColdFusion-based CMS.
- Assists on client-speced external web projects when appropriate.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation and managing new bug tracking system.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of application and systems documentation.
- Assist Senior Web Developer in enhancing security for current systems, e.g., SFTP, cryptography, password maintenance, etc.
- This would include installing programs, backing up files, troubleshooting network issues, etc.
- Assist in usability testing and design.
- Assist in implementation of graphic design, style sheets, etc.
- Assist in training and helping junior level programmers.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize duties and multi-task. In addition to strong understanding of relational databases and dynamic web development languages must have strong Web design skills including, layout, functionality, and usability.
- (3 – 5) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.