Jr. ColdFusion Web Developer, 56K-60K, 6 months contract to full-time
- Seeking 1+ years of ColdFusion programming skills including exposure to ColdFusion 8, 9, or 10.
- SQL coding experience.
- Knowledge of MVC is a plus.
Our client, a federal agency in the Rockville/North Bethesda area, has an opening for an experienced ColdFusion Developer. Due to the client requirement, only US citizens can be considered.
Standard Job Description:
Analyzes, evaluates, modifies, configure, tests and implements enterprise-wide applications. Prepares application system specifications, plans, implements and coordinates system upgrades, enhancements or maintenance. Experience with ColdFusion Administration and Object orientated development required. Security background a plus.
- Rational Enterprise Suite
- Drupal 7 or later
- Crystal Reports, 508 Compliance
- MicroSoft SQL Server Reporting Systems (SSRS)
- MicroSoft SQL Server 2008 or later
- Oracle 10g/11g Database
Specific Job Description:
- Cold Fusion 8 or later
- Flex and/or Flash development
- FuseBox Development Expertise
- Web Appl security Expertise
- GUI Development Expertise
- Microsoft SQL server
Requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and documentation. Develop end-to-end designs for the web interfaces, reporting, and analysis components of projects. Provide advice and guidance on appropriate applications, reporting, and analysis architecture. Develop web portals, applications and other user interface components to facilitate the user interface to Business Intelligence resources. Assist Decision Support team members; DBAs, database developers, requirements analysts, and others, in understanding data and meeting user requirements. Participate in project work groups with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs. Develop and document user security related functionality and constraints. Requires Top Secret/Secret with ability to obtain Top Secret.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong programming/development and coding skills.
- Excellent analytic and design skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills.
- Analyze complex and large amounts of data.
- Solid data analysis skills using SQL, PL/SQL and other query based applications.
- Oracle experience to include queries, tuning, creating tables, & stored procedures.
- Working knowledge BI Reporting tools.
The ColdFusion Developer will ensure customer satisfaction is met or exceeded in the support of legacy services applications-designing, modifying, developing, writing and implementing solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, designing the webpages and UI to queries that run against multiple servers without impacting performance to designing/indexing/querying new SQL tables.
These applications support the field services dispatching, installations and repair depot operations.
- Liaison with the business stakeholders to understand business requirements – Participation in converting business requirements to functional and design specifications – Development and delivery of design specifications
- Conducting unit tests, component integration tests, systems and acceptance testing, correcting problems, and implementing changes to ensure adherence to test plan and functional requirements.
- Create, modify, and query relational databases * Create, modify, and document existing ColdFusion web applications
- Preparing or providing input to written documentation for technical methods, procedures, functions, or processes to support the installation, operations, training, and maintenance of information technology systems or applications. * Providing lifecycle support for the application against department SLAs
- BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS
- One or more years IT Business Analyst or Systems Analyst experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, EXCEL, Outlook)
- Demonstrated technical, analytical, troubleshooting and/or problem-solving skills or experience This position does not primarily write code, but should be able to read and understand the workflow
- Advanced Cold Fusion development skills – open source Railo, which is compatible with Adobe CF 10
- Advanced Database Development Skills (DB schema design, T-SQL, Stored procedures) – cross database and cross server queries
- Intermediate installation, configuration, tuning skills with Windows, IIS, JVM/JRE
- Intermediate OS scripting skills with Windows Batch or PowerShell
- Intermediate application data integration skills using technologies based in RPC, Web Services, Replication, and FTP against packaged enterprise software applications and middleware
- Background/understanding of repair depot and field services delivery businesses and processes preferred
Seeking Web Applications Developer (ColdFusion) with skill in the nurture and maintenance of existing applications. You will be tasked with triaging client requests and maintaining existing processes utilizing a variety of technologies and third-party services.
- Become familiar with existing application workflows and features
- Work with clients and project managers to collect and review requests and requirements
- Triage requirements and schedule resources to address
- Automate existing manual processes
- Provide support to broader development efforts
- Take ownership of projects and drive them to completion on schedule
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, and/or demonstrated industry experience on similar successful projects
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and the drive to do excellent work
- Ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Diverse understanding of programming languages and frameworks. Knowledge and experience with CFML (ColdFusion, Railo) and Python a plus.
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS, including SQL Server
- Understanding of NoSQL, with a preference for MongoDB
- Experience with version control systems, with a preference for Git
- Experience with EDI standards a plus
- Excellent analytical skills
- 3+ Years professional programming experience
http://www.greatdentalwebsites.com is looking for a talented Coldfusion/CFML development with Model-Glue (or related MVC framework) experience.
1) At least 5 years experience
2) Model-Glue Framework Experience (related framework exp considered)
3) Sql (MySQL) expertise
4) OO experience
5) Solid with CFCs and encapsulation
2) SEO knowledge
3) Familiarity with twitter bootstrap
4) Railo server tuning expertise
Details of Position:
Develops & debugs application programs; executes system & integration tests, supports production applications; knowledge of Agile Development a plus: Scrum methodology
Excellent oral & written communication skills, excellent problem-solving skills, flexibility, adaptive to change, good interpersonal skills, demonstrate self initiative, good planning and organizing, must possess the following traits for Agile Development: forward thinker, excellent collaborator, adaptive to change, ability to work well in a self-organizing team, demonstrate commitment to process & self-improvement.
Skill: C#, .NET, ColdFusion, SQL
Fulltime, direct hire opportunity for a Cold Fusion Engineer with our client in Sparks, Maryland
- Responsibilities include web applications coding & interface design, development, documentation, testing, release and maintenance in a team environment.
- Specific responsibilities include design and development of web applications that are a part of an enterprise vision.
- Design and develop web content at the Enterprise Intranet/Extranet level.
- eBusiness/ eCommerce application development, implementation, coordination of internally developed applications as well commercial ones.
- Assist in the design and development of Enterprise level sites and applications according to a distributed development and administration model.
- Assist in the development and evolution of associated standards, style guides, templates and process documents.
- Assist in various training and communications related activities for users.
- Experience in any of the following a great plus: Java, cfObjects, Fusebox, VB, VBScript, ASP, COM, Oracle, CGI.
- Experience using AJAX is required as well.
- Minimum of two years’ experience developing web sites including building sites from the ground up and building web applications using Cold Fusion, HTML and SQL.
- Ideal candidate will have significant experience with web development, publishing, and site management with a minimum of three years’ experience performing web/Internet/Intranet/Extranet development.
- In addition, familiarity using major development tools such Cold Fusion Enterprise and Microsoft Visual Interdev.
- Team player a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
POSITION SUMMARY A team oriented position where the Application Engineer designs, implements and maintains production level applications as defined by the software specifications and the business requirements agreed upon by the customer. Participates in application design sessions with database engineers and works closely with systems analyst, who develops the business and software specifications for the project needs. This position demands the highest level of quality, completeness, and innovation. Works at the direction of the Commercial Software Development Manager and tactically lead by Lead Engineers.