The Information Security Technologist – Development Operations is involved with the planning, analysis, detailed design, configuration, integration, testing, implementation and support of security technologies. This role executes the life cycle methodology, support standards, and practices, in accordance to project plans while carrying out responsibilities that may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual components within an application.
You will design software deployment methodologies and develop code to ensure transition of software between environments in response to business problems, and may participate as part of a team on development and support related work. Software may be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions, which may include company-wide, web-enabled solutions; and you will frequently work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. It is imperative that you will exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and to be successful you will need to work with key contacts outside of your own area of expertise.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Analyzing existing programs or formulating logic for new systems, devising logic procedures, preparing flowcharting, performing coding and testing/debugging programs.
- Developing system implementation plans.
- Recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Training users in conversion and implementation of systems.
- Working with Risk, Audit and Assurance testing teams collectively to reach common goals.
Experience and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience in a software development or technical operations related role
- Experience developing and/or supporting applications with at least one of the following: SQL, PERL, Python, .NET, HTML, VB, IIS, Batch Job Scheduling, ETL, ColdFusion, IIS
- Experience working on the following platforms: Windows, UNIX
- Monitor, troubleshoot and repair application software issues
- Understanding of RDBMS and SQL fundamentals, able to run MS SQL Server and Oracle queries, reports
- Experience in a Financial Services IT setting
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in information security, business administration/management, or related field preferred
- IT Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, SANS, ITIL, etc.) desired
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional evenings or weekends for maintenance and support
**Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and certifications for CS/IA Work Force**
Candidate must have strong troubleshooting skills.
Must have experience with technical upgrades (ex: Tomcat, Java, ColdFusion).
Looking for a Software Programmer/Analyst who can thrive within a small team with a rapidly changing environment.
We are an offsite IT support staff that does it all.
Tasks vary and may include:
Troubleshooting/researching application issues
Writing technical documentation
A successful candidate must have the ability to quickly learn new technologies as needed.
Preferred candidate must:
- Be a self starter requiring minimal management oversight.
- Must have experience with Java, ColdFusion, Oracle, and/or Crystal Reports.
- Builds and codes applications and/or modules using languages such as C++, visual basic, ABAP, JAVA, XTML, etc.
- Provides patches and upgrades to existing systems.
- May design graphical user interface (GUI) to meet the specific needs of users.
- Prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls.
- May build add-on modules using application program language.
Job Type: Contract
- JAVA, Cold Fusion, Oracle and/or Crystal Reports: 5 years
CACI has an immediate opening for a Java Software Professional in our Portsmouth, NH location. Candidate will join a team of developers and product support specialists to maintain a series of cross-functional, Web-based applications for the U.S. Navy. The candidate must communicate clearly and work effectively in a group or independent environment. As a proven self-starter, your attention to detail and commitment to improve product quality will lead you to become a successful addition to the CACI team.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle
- Work with product support team to replicate and identify customer issues
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Develop and maintain high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Prepare and produce releases of software components in a CMMI Level 3 environment
- Deliver completed tasks within the timeline provided with issues fully tested and with minimal defects
Position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience AND four years of progressive software development experience including the following:
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Proven experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Additional development experience in ColdFusion, Apache Tomcat or BOXI
- Insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction Management etc.)
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, management and resolution
- Experience with troubleshooting and defect resolution
- Oracle Database knowledge/experience
- Obtain and maintain a DoD Security clearance as well as a DoD 8570 IAT2 certification including CompTIA’s Security+(CE)
- Former work experience with US Navy, Naval Shipyards, or other military installations
- Experience working within the remote Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) development environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills as well as troubleshooting and customer service skills
This position will involve maintaining, enhancing and developing Web Applications for one of our larger clients. The Client is in the insurance industry and provides Contract/Construction, Fidelity and Commercial Surety bonds to businesses and individuals. Candidates must have proven professional consulting abilities to interact with the Client to develop requirements and verify correctness of application deliverables.
- 1-3 years of ColdFusion experience
- 1-3 years of MS SQL Server development experience
- 1-3 years of IIS experience
- 1-3 years of CSS/XHTML experience
- Excellent written and communication skills
Additional Desireable Skills
- .NET Technologies (VB.NET, ASP.NET, C#, SQL Reporting Services)
- Java/IBM Websphere