ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs client and server side software-related tasks for university web department and network services .
- Develops database-driven web application using SQL in cooperation with Information Systems.
- Creates, modifies and solves programming issues on web pages in FarCry content management system, and JICS Portal.
- Designs, codes, and tests web and portal pages, including graphic images.
- Participates in the entire development process for both the Madonna University website and portal from conception to implementation.
- Supports faculty and staff in the development of content, design and layout for the university website and portal; ensuring that the department web pages follow the Web Structure Standards Manual.
- Develops and tests code (using SQL, ColdFusion, .Net, PHP, C#, Java Servelet, JSP for dynamically generating web content. Researches coding issues and layout/design that applies to the university website and portal upon completion of project, implements web application modules/systems into the production environment.
- Responsible for updates, enhancements and support of the Madonna University website and portal pages and applications.
- Develops Portlets using C# on the application server platform and MS SQL Reporting Services.
- Creates university dashboards using iDashboards IDE and MS SQL Reporting Services.
- Develops responsive, mobile-friendly web and form design.
- Assists students in their testing of web pages and applications through the detailed delineation of requirements.
- Other duties assigned.
The above statements reflect the general responsibilities of the position and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Job Type: Full-time
- Technical Experience: 2 years