Do you love to develop and deliver apps that impact business?
Do you dislike systems that don’t work properly, and feel compelled to improve them?
Are you passionate about innovation? Can you check your ego at the door and work as a team to get everything working like a well-oiled machine?
iCapture offers excellent paid holidays, paid time off, bonuses, and health, dental and vision benefits plus FSA.
Here at iCapture we have a tremendous product that massively impacts the number and quality of leads that our clients capture from trade shows and events. We help them streamline their processes to generate more business.
Currently there are 12 of us but we are growing rapidly. We are looking for another member of the application development team.
You will be maintaining existing applications as well as designing, coding and debugging new applications for our website and mobile app using web technology.
As our team is small, you will have responsibilities in all aspects of our systems development life cycle. You will be continuously learning and innovating as well as supporting and maintaining legacy systems. In our fast paced environment, you will identify opportunities and problems quickly and get them resolved efficiently.
- Demonstrated fluency in backend development with Adobe ColdFusion
- Some experience in other backend development technologies i.e. PHP/Composer, NodeJS/NPM, MySQL.
- Experience with source code control management (such as Git)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience programming and developing in a small collaborative team environment.
- You are focused on achieving the goals of your company and like to work to clear structures and clear goals – if you don’t have them you will get them
- You have delivered results that made a measurable difference to your company and this is your passion. You know this is the best way to make customers happy and build the company
- Results are more important to you than glory
- You are a “go-to” person – you have processes for getting things done
- You are organized, and keep data and information efficiently filed
- You have worked in a small to medium sized business
- You want to work in a company where you can grow with the company
- You are good with detail and spotting problems
We are looking for a Web Developer to join our IT department. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining internal and external web-based applications. In addition, this position will be responsible for creating and maintaining the company’s data driven reporting.
This is a regular, full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays, PTO, and more.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Design, develop and maintain applications to meet functional and technical designs following best practices and development standards and guidelines.
- Engages with web designer and other project stakeholders to understand functional requirements, and contributes to completion of functional specifications.
- Supports production systems; analyzes and resolves production problems in a timely manner.
- Maintain business systems standards by applying software development, project management methods, tools and processes as standard practice.
- Participate in the testing process, bug fixes, and monitoring of application and services.
- Collaborate with peers on software design, maintenance, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field and 2-4 years working experience.
- Strong experience in relational database design and development in Microsoft SQL.
- Highly effective in both a team environment and working as an individual contributor.
- Desire to stay up-to-date with current technologies, patterns, and trends.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MS SQL Server Administrator
- Knowledge of Microsoft SSIS, SSRS
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows Server system
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Experience with helpdesk and 1st line support
ColdFusion Developer (Full Time)
Location: Boise, ID
Are you a tinker, finding the need to take things apart, just to see how they work? Are you a geek, with an aptitude for technology? Do you love a challenge, taking on any which confronts you as a chance to learn? If so, Synoptek may be looking for you!
Who is Synoptek and what would the job entail?
Synoptek is an IT consulting firm specializing in Business Process and Systems Consulting, Infrastructure Technology Consulting, Outsourced IT, Website and Software Application Development, Implementation and Design. We foster a fun and connected environment, with employee benefits extending beyond your general compensation and into weekly BBQs and office provided drinks and snacks.
In the role of ColdFusion developer, you will be responsible for providing support and ongoing improvements for a ColdFusion based SaaS website, built on an MVC framework. These improvements will require you to be able to make changes to MySQL database architecture, ColdFusion application logic, and user interface/experience. However, when availability permits, you will have an opportunity to consult with a variety of entities, such as municipalities, universities, and even entertainment companies, such as Disney. We appreciate a person who is excited to try new things, which is why we provide mentoring and an opportunity to learn and grow.
What do I need to know to be successful?
- HTML5, CSS3, Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns (i.e., n-tier, MVC, and MVVM), User-experience Based Design
- MySQL, MariaDB
What other things would it be good for me to know?
- Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development, Integration Testing, Continuous Integration
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Dot Net Nuke, WordPress
What expectations does Synoptek have for me?
- A desire to learn and being able to take feedback/instruction from others
- Willingness to share personal knowledge with the team and expand our knowledge
- The ability to prioritize and switch tasks as priorities change
- Drive to overcome problems independently, but be able to identify when it is time to ask for help
- Ability to speak both “geek” and “laymen”, in order to facilitate clear communication to appropriate parties
- Professional communication and documentation skills
- An organized, detail-oriented, and ethical personality that can be trusted to ensure our clients success