Do you like robots? Do you know what the Linux command “ apt-get install gcc ” does? Have you ever edited the windows registry? If you answered YES to at least two of these questions, you belong with the rest of us geeks at HostMySite.com. We don’t have any robots (yet) but we do get to work on the latest server and network technology all day long as part of our never ending quest to keep our customers websites operational 24x7x365.
In addition to learning valuable skills in one of the hottest industries on the planet, you’ll also get: an unlimited supply of free snacks and beverages, all the breakfast cereal you can eat, a break-room filled with flat-screen televisions, XBOX 360 consoles and a pool table, 401k matching and generous health insurance benefits. Check out our website: hostmysite.com.
HostMySite.com, based in Newark, DE, a leader in shared website hosting with a reputation of providing the best support in the industry, wants you! This is NOT your typical customer service position – you will be trained to actually solve a wide variety of problems for customers right then and there, while they are still on the phone. After a few months on the support team, you will have a skill set equal to most system administrators. HostMySite.com has a number of openings for Technical Support Representatives with at least 1-3 years of experience in Website, Internet and Server related technologies. We are seeking personable, dedicated, intelligent and highly motivated individuals that enjoy assisting clients and have a passion to provide exceptional customer service on a consistent basis. HostMySite currently has openings on the mid-day and evening shifts in its Newark, Delaware location.
- Prompt attendance, punctuality and professionalism.
- Providing OUTSTANDING customer service.
- Front line customer support via live chat, telephone and email requests.
- Maintain accurate customer records, and professional written correspondences and verbal communications.
- Escalate critical issues to Supervisors or System Administrators or On-call personnel
- Assist clients in resolving client side issues
- Formal education in CIS/MIS is welcomed, but not required.
- 1-3 years of experience with working with website and internet technologies.
- Prior experience working in a helpdesk environment
- OUTSTANDING customer service skills with a passion to go above and beyond.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of 1-3 years Windows and/or Linux server administration or relevant experience.
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS, POP3, IMAP, SMTP and email client configurations.
- Knowledge of Plesk preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion, ASP, .NET, PHP, HTML or other scripting languages preferred.
- Knowledge of MS SQL and/or MySQL preferred.
- Knowledge of Domain Names and registration preferred.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
Department: Centralized Support
Status: Full Time
Location: Newark, DE
Shift: As Business Needs Require