Looking for a full life cycle Web Applications Developer to be our key IT support person!
Worksite location and Zip Code: Lexington Park, MD 20670
OMNITEC Solutions, Inc., ( www.omnitecinc.com ) provides strategic, research and analysis support to senior Navy officials at Patuxent River Naval Air Station in the Lexington Park, MD area.
We seek a Senior Developer with strong front-end as well as excellent SQL/database skills to provide our NAVAIR customer with web application development and web support.
This will be our key person for the development of new web applications, maintenance of existing tools, and the creation of modules within the client’s Intranet, Internet and other Legacy applications.
Please Note: an active Secret clearance is highly preferred, but candidates with US citizenship and the ability to immediately obtain an interim Secret clearance will be considered!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide Full System Lifecycle Development;
- Architect and design relational databases via advanced comprehension of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers;
- Design graphical user interfaces and reports that contain graphs/charts;
- Train team members and end-users.
- A four-year degree is preferred, but 10+ years of relevant technical experience will be considered in lieu of a degree;
- 5+ years of Cold Fusion development. In lieu of Cold Fusion, 5 years of Java experience will be considered;
- Strong, demonstrable understanding of programmatic data-access to SQL Server, including advanced comprehension of T-SQL, stored procedures, functions, views and triggers);
- Fundamental understanding of Object Oriented Programming;
- Full System Lifecycle Development experience;
- Requirements gathering and full project documentation;
- Database Administration;
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills, written and oral. Comfortable presenting within group settings;
- Ability to multitask & work independently;
- US citizenship and either an active Secret clearance, or ability to immediately obtain an interim Secret clearance is REQUIRED!
Additional Helpful Skills
- Knowledge of XML/RSS and serialized data formats;
- Knowledge of Zing Charts & SharePoint;
- Project management experience.
Computer System Analyst/ Webmaster will be responsible for supporting and assisting with the support of the HLAN’s (Hanford Local Area Network) enterprise applications across the Site as well as performing Webmaster duties for the Site. The enterprise applications may include, but are not limited to: Software Distribution, Exchange, System Center Operations manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Server and Application Monitor (SAM), Skype for Business, Airwatch, Intune, Active Directory and Web technologies. The enterprise application support includes the infrastructure configuration, in a predominantly Virtual Windows environment; the enterprise product and associated tools and report; the 3rd tier user support; and security aspects necessary to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. Working with other IT professionals/Subject Matter Experts on various infrastructure components, systems and servers, this position manages the day-to-day technical operations and product management, monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair of the Enterprise systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage integration with other systems, capacity planning, system-wide operation control, task automation and providing recommendations on innovative and/or cost effective options for delivering and/or improving enterprise web hosting services.
- Apply revisions, upgrades, and patches to enterprise software.
- Managing the day-to-day technical operations and product management.
- Monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repairs.
- Lead and assist with problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule.
- Webmaster activities ensure enterprise level configuration management, availability and security of production web content and supporting development and test sites as well as supporting the Hanford’s enterprise web hosting environment and supporting infrastructure to ensure enterprise level performance, availability and security. This includes working with IT professionals on various infrastructure components, systems and servers supporting hundreds of Hanford applications and systems. Including but not limited to:
- Act as focal point for uploading new content to websites that require a separation of duties between developer and production websites
- Provide interface for performance issues with developers and web analysts – Review statistics and monitor analytics
- Ensure websites adhere to web governance and standards
- Tier-3 troubleshooting support, working with the user support team and the operations staff to effectively manage and communicate issues and perform problem analysis to resolution on a 24/7 schedule. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Skills
- BA/BS degree with 2 years Information Technology experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of experience with management of configuration and operation of enterprise applications within a virtualized server environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience with successfully resolving complex issues within a moderate to large computing environment. Desired Skills MSA would prefer an Analyst that has prior experience in performing enterprise application configuration and operations duties, with skills that are relative to the Hanford configuration and future plans, including:
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange, SCOM, SCCM, Intune, and/or Skype for Business – Knowledge and experience with Solarwinds SAM
- Knowledge and experience with Airwatch Mobile Device manager – Knowledge and experience with Software Distribution tools.
- Knowledge and experience with operations metrics and analytics.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft IIS, Adobe Coldfusion, website metrics and analytics – Knowledge and experience with Certificate Authority And Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) –
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: Bachelor’s
- virtualized enterprise application support: 1 year
- Information Technology: 2 years
The ideal candidate for this position will be excited about code and relish the opportunity to stay up to date with the web development community. They won’t be reluctant to receive or afraid to give feedback and contribute to continuous improvement of our product and organization. They will produce high-quality, unit-tested and sensible code that they can explain in terms of functionality and the impact it has on infrastructure.
- Develop ColdFusion applications.
- Mentor junior developers.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Contribute to “dev-ops” initiatives.
- Work as part of a dynamic and professional Agile development environment.
- Have the opportunity to work full stack.
- 3-5 years experience developing ColdFusion applications.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented methodologies (CFC’s).
- Solid understanding of relational databases, preferably MSSQL.
- Experience programming in Front End technologies, such as HTML, CSS & AngularJS or jQuery.
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services.
- Demonstrated full stack web development ability.
Job Type: Full-time
- ColdFusion Developement: 5 years
Finalsite, a leading provider of school website solutions and services, is seeking energetic, motivated, and team-oriented application developers to build, enhance and maintain our comprehensive web-based software solutions. Want to contribute to the education sector using the latest web technologies? Utilize agile and test driven development methodologies? Learn a new language or two and gain exposure to both front and back-end coding in a heavily used web software product that schools rely on every day? Come join our Dev crew in our Glastonbury, CT office. You will be challenged to expand your knowledge base and hone your web programming skills in a friendly, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Junior and Senior developer positions are open, and salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits package available.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team to develop new web-based modules using Ruby, Rails, Backbone.js, and PostgreSQL, using RSpec and Jasmine to write unit tests.
- Successfully interact with product owners, quality assurance testers, other developers, and system architect on a daily basis to produce high quality results in a timely fashion.
- Remain current on web development techniques.
- Suggest new tools and methods to improve development efficiency.
- Career growth opportunities available.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree in a related field (Computer Science, Software Engineering, etc.).
- 1-3 years experience developing web applications in PHP, ASP, Ruby, Java or ColdFusion.
- Detail-oriented with ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly.
- Basic knowledge of SQL required.
- Experience with version control (GIT) software helpful.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Organizational ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Natural collaborator and communicator who prefers developing in a team environment.
- The ability to work independently and within a cross-functional team environment.
Seeking an entry to mid-level Software Developer to support our mission oriented customer task for new and existing software and database systems development and support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain enterprise business process solutions.
- Work individually or on development team to deliver customized applications using Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies.
- Design and develop application prototypes, utilities, and solutions across multiple environments using full life-cycle methodologies (requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation).
- Gather technical requirements and develop design specifications.
- Produce specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model.
- Participate in internal design reviews and code reviews; perform unit testing and conduct system testing. Assist with and provide input to implementation plans and operational plans.
- Create project work estimates;
- Report progress to program manager on a bi-weekly schedule or as necessary in a timely and effective manner
- Set priorities and resolve project issues with customer.
- When necessary get direction from program manager when issues need to be escalated.
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in proven problem solving and analytical skills as they relate to Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies and
Ability to work independently to complete project activities;
- possessing initiative to address issues and opportunities
- Flexible and able to work under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to implement solutions and identify operational or management issues.
- Creative, collaborative, team-oriented
- Prior consulting experience is advantage.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in customer interfacing skills including need assessment, requirements gathering, scoping, risk assessment, and expectation setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills including experience presenting to customers at all levels, writing proposals, final reports and technical documentation. 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise applications using a full life cycle development process.
- 3+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, JSM, and EJB, to include working with internet related architectures and web service applications.
- 3+ years of external consulting experience in software development for the junior level and 5+ years for the mid-level developer.
- 3+ years of experience in the development on Windows Server 2003/2008. Knowledge in Microsoft SQL and/or SQL and database design experience.
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion 9.0 3+ years of experience with XML, XSL and XML Schema design.
- Working knowledge of EAI toolsets and concepts, such as EBXML.
- Working knowledge of portal solutions (SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of EDMS solutions (SharePoint).
- Ability to produce commercial quality specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model, etc.
FAAZ Consulting LLC Linthicum, MD
$35 an hour – Contract
I. BASIC FUNCTION
The Web Developer position will be responsible for maintaining legacy code in ColdFusion
and developing new code in ASP.NET MVC using C#. The ideal candidate will have a strong
background in ColdFusion and experience in ASP.NET with a desire to migrate to 100%
ASP.NET in the future.
The Web Developer position will be responsible for the development of web applications,
mobile web based applications, interoperability of existing and new association digital
infrastructure, and other digital products.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & troubleshoot existing codebase written in ColdFusion and ASP.NET C# by acting as a consultant to business units, including technical guidance, planning, and application development services, along with implementation support
- Write ASP.NET MVC API’s and connections between commercial and legacy applications.
- Write business requirements from customer discovery meetings
- Write solutions and update existing code that is well protected from security vulnerabilities.
- Designing application architectures that are of high quality and adhere to industry best practices
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and customizing e-commerce applications interfacing with Personify using ColdFusion and migrating those applications to commercial or custom ASP.NET applications.
- Develop web applications that meet the documented business requirements
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing ColdFusion Applications
- Build web functionality that is data driven
- Write code to interact with a range of installed application API’s
- Write code to digest Web Services
- Write code to read and write to SQL and other databases
- Support UI development working with front end developers
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CS or related field preferred or a combination of CS education and relevant development work experience.
- Successful work experience in ColdFusion environment
- Demonstrable Experience and proficiency in ASP.NET MVC using C#
- Experience developing with an AJAX framework like jQuery, etc a plus
- Experienced in advanced development environments like Visual Studio
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with a document database similar to RavenDB
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 /hour
Job Location: Linthicum, MD
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Coldfusion: 4 years
Power Kiosk Chicago, IL
$80,000 – $100,000 a year
Power Kiosk is seeking a ColdFusion application developer to work in a young and dynamic innovative team environment for the product development and engineering division.
You will be in charge of executing and coding our proprietary Software as a Service platform. You will be in charge of working with the CEO and implementing the vision and plans of the company into the product.
Primary responsibilities include technical Coldfusion and SQl Server design. You should have a solid understating of object-oriented programming, ORM technology and be able to code from the layout user interface to the relational database structure.
- Over 10 years of Coldfusion development experience
- Familiarity with SQL Sever and relational databases
- Ability to troubleshoot and act quickly in emergency situations
- Familiarity with ORM and Coldbox
- Experience in reviewing and testing code
- Ability to report the progress to the CEO and meet tight deadlines.
- Code, Debug, enhance, test and implement Coldfusion code
- Familiarity with Coldfusion 2016
- Self-motivated and adaptable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Keen attention to detail
- Communicate the progress and plans well
- Flexibility to work after hour schedule on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems and computer science or engineering.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion development technology
- ColdFusion developer certificates are plus
- Potential Equity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Web Development: 10 years
We are seeking candidate with Python Development experience who can support a highly visible contract. Candidates must be US citizens or Green Card holders to qualify for government clearances
- 8 to 10 years’ software development experience in web based applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Python
- 2 years of experience with the Django framework.
- 1+ year experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux.
- Experience with deploying to and securing apps on Heroku.
- 5 years of Experience testing across multiple web browsers and platforms.
- Be able to work with clients, peers and management in a highly visible, mission-critical environment both orally and in writing.
- Atleast 3 years of Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Coldfusion experience is a plus.
- Job Type: Contract
DIRECT HIRE / 3 Months CTH (Contract to Hire)
JOB SUMMARY OVERVIEW
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing ColdFusion, web-based software solutions. This development will occur in an Agile environment, typically in fixed-length sprints (Scrum methodology), with regular interactions with key Users and other team members. The Software Developer is expected to produce high-quality software, to function effectively as a member of a team, to interact with management and other members of the development group, and to continually seek to improve themselves and the company.
MAIN Responsibilities and functions
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Possess deep understanding of relational databases and be able to design new data models as well as efficient queries for existing data sets in MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL platforms.
- Analyze technical issues and clearly communicate recommendations/solutions.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously when asked.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Adhere to team development principles by using the established code management system, and participate in ongoing code reviews. Mentor and guide new developers in coding and design methodology.
- Making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and IT staff.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide support assistance to application users to determine system problems.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in applications and the environment that affect system performance.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- must demonstrate good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Work experience and education requirements
- Bachelors degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer (lead developer would be a plus).
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent Communication, Written and Verbal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent Customer Service skills to all business customers and IT providers.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive, team oriented attitude.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to find and recommend creative solutions
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Possess advanced technical skills.
- Knowledge of data structures.
- Knowledge of computer logic and flow-charting.
- Ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment.
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in English
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Monthly expense reports
HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONSIBILITIES
Review and comply with ongoing department staff goals
COMPANY PROVIDED TOOLS
- Laptop Computer
- Cellular Phone
- Credit Card
- Mifi (incase of travel)
- Monitors (if desired)
Job Type: Full-time