The function of the Intermediate Developer (Intm. Developer) is to develop applications to client standards. The Developer is responsible for completing projects within budgeted hours to maintain profitability of each project.
The (Intm. Developer) will work primarily in ColdFusion and/or JAVA to resolve trouble tickets, perform development tasks and unit testing. In some situations the Developer will also be asked to assist with business analysis, architecture and complete work orders from the BA, PM or QA team.
The (Intm. Developer) works closely with the Project Managers, QA team and other project development team members to develop solutions per client requirements and approved design. The Developer may occasionally interact with clients in a technical advisory capacity. This is in addition to other company employees throughout the organization that fall within the normal scope of interaction with this position.
- Develop client applications and solutions per design, budget and timelines.
- Maintain web applications using standard APIs
- Identify and report potential development issues impacting timeline and/or budget.
- Perform unit and benchmark testing for developed software.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Follow Jagged Peak’s programming standards.
- Develop a working knowledge of the EDGE core product.
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Complete work orders/task as assigned and within budgeted timeframes.
- Work closely with the project managers, QA team and other project development team members to execute solutions per client requirements and approved design.
- Occasionally interact with clients in a technical advisory (SME) capacity.
- Develop a professional working relationship with company employees throughout the organization that fall within the normal scope of interaction with this position.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in computer sciences.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
Necessary Skills / Characteristics :
- Desire for a career growth as a developer.
- Ability to quickly learn
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in ColdFusion or similar web scripting language
- Knowledge of BizTalk implementation and coding
- Understand the principles of database design and modeling
- Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues
- Knowledge of software best practices and documentation
- Must understand Web and Internet architecture
- An ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Knowledge of Mule ESB is a plus.
- Knowledge of e-commerce or supply chain or ERP industry is a plus