About The Opportunity:
DMI is hiring a Application Development Manager to support the management of a 40-person team of developers, quality assurance analysts, graphic designers, business analysts, and database administrators. This person is responsible for the coordination of day-to-day activities for the team, for providing technical guidance on designs, for performing peer reviews of code and project artifacts, and working with project managers to plan and schedule development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Application Development Manager the candidate will be instrumental and responsible for:
- Providing high quality technology recommendations and solutions that address business needs by modifying existing applications or developing and replacing web-based applications.
- Ensure proper staff utilization for current and forecasted projects
- Ensure that project commitments of the Application Development Team are met
- Participate in project planning sessions with project managers, business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution.
- Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with
- Project Life Cycle Methodology in all planning steps.
- Review document artifacts including detailed application specifications, architectures, deployment plans, etc…
- Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications and identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues.
The work break-down is expected as follows:
- 40% TO 50% – Managing People
- 5% TO 10% – Writing Code
- 25% TO 40% – Reviewing code
- 15% TO 20% – Driving the Release
- 5% TO 10% – Architecture & Design
Education and Years of Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years experience managing a team of developers
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years developing in an Agile methodology
- Strong technical knowledge of object oriented software development and design using Java, ColdFusion, PHP or .Net.(Heavy focus on Java and ColdFusion)
- 5+ years experience conducting code reviews
- Ability to take business requirements and develop solid technical solutions.
- Managing Software Development Teams
- Agile Methodology
- Knowledge of Object oriented development and design
- Knowledge of coding standards and software development best practices
- Familiar with designing, recommending architectures, and improving on as-is architecture designs
- Familiar with database design best practices.
- Experience with developing and presenting technical recommendations to the customer.
- Application Development hands-on experience required.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with the Rational Jazz Tool Suite
- Customer service experience
- ColdFusion server experience
- Drupal experience
- Liferay experience
The Web Developer position will be responsible for the development of web applications, mobile web based applications, interoperability of existing and new association digital infrastructure, and other digital products. The ideal candidate will have experience in an environment with diverse challenges and constant change. Analytical capabilities and experience and clean efficient code development are a must, with a drive to find the best solution to challenges.
A developer who writes understandable code that is standards based, conforms to a coding style guide, and is well commented is a must. Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, and the desire to discover internals clients core requirements and work with a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products.
- Write code for a broad range of digital products
- Write business requirements from customer discovery meetings
- Designing application architectures that are of high quality and adhere to industry best practices
- Develop web applications that meet the documented business requirements
- Deploy solutions with written implementation, test, and back out plans according to the change control process
- Support existing application deployments by acting as a consultant to business units, including technical guidance, planning, and application development services, along with implementation support
- Participate in the change management, problem management, project management processes, and other IT related processes
- Research and evaluating emerging technologies relative to your role
- Build web functionality that is data driven
- Write code to interact with a range of installed application API’s
- Write code to digest Web Services
- Write code to read and write to SQL and other databases
- Support UI development working with front end developers
- Understanding of SQL and general data driven development
- Building for enterprise NET based applications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CS or related field preferred or a combination of CS education and relevant development work experience.
- Certifications, a plus
- Demonstrable Experience and proficiency in NET MVC using C#
- Experience in ColdFusion environment is desired but not required
- Experience developing with an AJAX framework like Dojo, jQuery, etc
- At home in advanced development environments like Visual Studio
- Experience with debugging multi-threaded environments
- Knowledge of C++, ideally with exposure to – fundamentals
- Experience with a document database similar to RavenDB
- Exposure to XML DOM
- Knowledge of web standards & browser quirks
- Configuration knowledge with IIS 7/8
- Able to work well with others and build effective working relationships throughout the organization
- Minimal travel
- This position is classified as exempt under the FLSA’s Computer Professional category
A ColdFusion Developer job in Germantown, TN courtesy of Adecco Engineering & Technology. In this role you will be responsible for developing and revising ColdFusion program code and assisting in the setup of production environment including Application Servers and Database Servers. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected to be successful in this postion. This position will require the ability to pass a federal agency specific background check. U.S. residency restrictions will apply.
The ColdFusion Developer Responsibilities Include:
- Designing, developing and implementing web-based applications.
- Designing, developing and implementing highly complex applications utilizing Oracle.
- Demonstrating strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems.
- Along with a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicating with technical and non-technical audiences verbally or in writing to design most efficient and effective application design.
- Working independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and revise ColdFusion program code based on clearly defined requirements.
- Assist in the setup of production environment including application servers and database servers.
- Assist in the implementation of applications into production.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Provide on-call support for this highly visible application.
- Other duties as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- A BS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 6 Years minimum experience in ColdFusion development
- Experience in a combination in the following areas: HTML and XML
- Experience creating Web Services (Soap and Rest)
- Experience developing on multiple platforms including Windows and Linux with 3 years of progressively more complex programming experience in large scale information system environments.
The primary function of the Applications Developer is to effectively, creatively, strategically and tactically develop and support programming applications in a ColdFusion environment. The position includes analyzing problems, developing alternative solutions, developing programming specifications, programming, implementing and supporting applications. This includes fixing problems as well as supporting end users and business partners in all IT related areas.
Job duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain the software of the Web servers hosting Makita’s corporate Web site.
- Develop and maintain the in-house “testing” Web server
- Be on call 24 hours/7days a week in the case of system failure of the Web servers and to keep the system running.
- Support departments to give expertise in Web page enhancements.
- Continue to develop a better content management system to update Web pages with new tools in both English and Spanish.
- Assume limited DBA duties for the database systems running the Web site and the customer service portal.
- Use technical expertise to manage outsourced IT projects to ensure top quality results and appropriate cost control.
- Help the IT department with administrative duties of other computer systems as deemed appropriate by management.
- Develop new systems that will enhance Makita’s customer service with its dealers, sales staff and end-users.
- Continually assess valuable technologies that Makita will benefit from in labor savings, cost and customer service.
- Fulfill any other duties deemed necessary by management not detailed above.
- Strong ability to proactively coordinate numerous projects while maintaining follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Work within budgets and timelines to achieve specific goals set-forth.
- Responsible for supporting the launch of products and sponsorships by communicating messages effectively through website.
- Responsible for continually making suggestions, contributions, plans, solutions and able to communicate effectively to the Team.
- Constantly implement creative, consistent vehicles that fully support the company’s prime objectives with regards to professional users, products and focus.
- Develop, maintain and coordinate brand communication, such as and not limited to, website, intranet, extranet and direct contact.
- Continually improve web efficiency for internal maintenance and end users.
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of all related brand marketing efforts.
Required Education/Professional Skills
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university, or equivalent professional institution. Information Systems, Computer Science degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the IT industry.
- Has ColdFusion version upgrade experience.
- 3 years’ experience with Coldbox.
- Keen knowledge and critical thinking.
- Relational database design and administration of SQL Server.
- Experience in Windows Server, IIS.
- Website development and programming
- Knowledge in use of CFC’s
- Jquery experience
Additional Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written, verbal and spelling skills in English.
- Team player. Capable of working alone or with other ColdFusion programmers.
- Ability to effectively communicate through all channels.
- Ability to participate and contribute in group environments while presenting and answering questions.
- Must have reasoning in problem solving abilities, planning skills, able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions best suited for the users, dealers and company.
Makita USA Inc. offers an outstanding benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical/ Dental Vision/Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance options
- Disability Insurance
- Profit sharing and company matched 401K
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Personal & Sick Time Off/ Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Will maintain an existing ColdFusion web site and provide new development as required. Work with military, government and contractor instructors, and end users to provide solutions in the Registration and Learning Content Management System (LCMS).
Will work on the following:
- Support all aspects of web development, ColdFusion installation and development, and SQL Server database maintenance.
- Troubleshooting and provide custom development to an in-house LCMS and registration system. In addition to custom reports which track student attendance for both in-house classes and online courses, design and develop new functionality and integrate existing and newly developed Distance Learning courses.
- Perform assigned development tasks and provide weekly status updates.
- Document development work to project documentation standards.
- Adhere to project software configuration management practices.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience ColdFusion administration and developing ColdFusion applications.
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with the software development life cycle
- Work effectively in a small team development environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative and interdisciplinary team environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
Responsibilities: Assist in expanding, maintaining, and supporting the Swebsite.
- Involved in the planning/architecting of new development projects.
- Refactoring existing site features for improved performance and/or scalability.
- Writing/optimizing SQL queries for improved database performance.
- Interacting/supporting users with complex problems experienced on the site.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or experience.
- Experience with cloud server architecture from Amazon AWS or equivalent service.
- 2-6 years of experience in a ColdFusion development role for a medium to large website.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; ability to effectively communicate technical concepts and processes in simple terms.
- Ability to interact well in a team environment.
- A positive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Experience with UI/UX preferred.
Terms of Employment:
- Full time (Consistent 45-50 hrs per week)
- In office – South Charlotte, NC
- No relocation expenses will be provided
- Salary DOE
- Start Date: Immediately
Salary: $90,000.00 /year
The Senior Software Developer will be leading the development team to develop, enhance and maintain internal new and legacy systems.
Essential Job Functions:
- Effectively mentor more junior team members, helping to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, proper code documentation and good and maintainable software design.
- Design, modify, develop, and implement software applications and components
- Provide user support for developed software applications and components
- Study systems flow, data usage, and work processes
- Follow the software development lifecycle
- Train users to use new or modified system components
- Responsible for design and implementation of back-end database
- Responsible for Software testing and quality assurance
- Create system specification documents for all system changes.
- Maintain documentation of process flow
- Other duties as assigned
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in information technology or computer science with experience working in public administration, health administration, non-profit management, social services, business administration, or a related field required
- 7+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience managing Software development teams
- Experience in developing C# & VB .Net WinForms and Web Applications
- Advanced MS SQL Server programming skills.
- Advanced ColdFusion programming skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Broad understanding of general business and management practices.