Implement programming strategies in a team development environment to further advance the usability of company web sites.
Mission, KS company looking for a dependable, experienced Web Developer with Cold Infusion experience to work in this Information Services Department.
Position purpose: Implement programming strategies in a team development environment to further enhance the usability of the company web sites. This includes development of new technologies and strategies to improve the overall user experience. Provide ongoing maintenance and issue resolution for existing web sites and develop new methods for communications between various systems.
Principal Interactions: The Web Developer II position reports to the Director of Web Technology and works in cooperation with the Web Development team at large. This position will support their specified development team in completing business initiatives. Additional interactions between technical vendors will occur as needed. Information Services provides complete support and development of all technologies related to the companies’ ongoing technical needs. This position will be involved in all aspects of developing and maintaining our web sites.
- Develop new technologies that can be used by the Marketing department to enhance the customer’s experience when using the web sites.
- Implement these new technologies based on the designs created by the marketing team.
- Create new web pages based on new designs created by the marketing team.
- Develop new technologies that can be used by other groups within the company to develop or enhance employee or contractor experience when dealing with secondary web sites.
- Keep up with maintenance issues concerning the web sites to enhance the customer’s experience when using our web sites.
- Implementation of increased security measures as are needed to protect the integrity of our web sites.
- Study the web sites of competitors as well as other leading web sites to discover other technologies and techniques that might than be applied to our own web sites.
- Implement coding changes based on best practices established by the architecture team. Follow application design documents and guidelines architected by other team members.
- Provide insight and direction with regards to the technical implementations of third party systems.
- Support code releases that will occur outside of normal business hours.
Provide Peer Reviews of team member code to ensure compliance with the agreed team standards.
- Assists the Content team with content deployment as needed.
- Assists the QA team with testing scenarios as needed.
- Enters issue tickets as needed to document issues or enhancements that can benefit the business.
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Concepts and Design Patterns
- Experience with object oriented programming in a web environment using a language such as ColdFusion
- Extensive knowledge and experience with SQL including complicated statements involving more than three tables and stored procedures
- Demonstrated abilities with HTML, DHTML, CSS and browser compatibility
- Experience with version control and distributed development environments (subversion preferred)
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience with XML technologies and web services
- Experience with MVC framework (ColdBox preferred)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interpret and evaluate client informational needs and to determine appropriate alternative solutions.
- Ability to develop and/or modify and adapt systems, hardware configurations, and programs to meet individually specified needs.
- Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and to develop appropriate systems and/or applications solutions.
- Ability to plan, design, coordinate installation, test, and modify systems.
- Ability to assess and maintain quality of programming structure, design, and coding.
- Able to perform work in an organized manner, exhibiting initiative and flexibility.
- Able to handle many items simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate positively with management, peers, subordinates and all associates within the organization.
- Ability to work as a positive member of the web development team. Works with the management and other internal users of the web as part of a team to develop and implement web related strategies and does so as a contributor to these efforts.
- BS or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of expertise in the field
- Detail oriented/accurate
- Excellent listening skills.
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to work as a team member
Other related criteria for the job
- Must be able to sit at a computer desk for long periods of time
- Must be able to use computer for long periods of time
- While using required equipment the physical requirements include ability to read and write English, eye hand coordination, and use of keyboard and finger dexterity, ability to use phone and computer system.
- Must be available to work during normal business hours as well as support after hours releases as needed.
Title: Java/ColdFusion Developer
Location: San Ramon, CA OR Dallas, TX
Type: 12 month contract
Our client in San Ramon is seeking a Web Application Developer for their team. This is a fast-growing, progressive company. The Web Application Developer is responsible for creating and maintaining web-based, data-driven business applications. He or she is also responsible for the design, coding and data for complex web-based applications critical to the sustainability of the enterprise. Previous experience working with telecom applications and tools is a plus.
- Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
- Effectively employs many different database design techniques.
- Possesses demonstrated work experience with more than one relational database management system.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of a range of programming languages.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client server and internet systems architectures.
- Creates well designed, reusable objects.
- Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
- Understands the benefits of the various design methodologies and object oriented environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience in web-based development in JAVA, or JAVA based languages such as ColdFusion.
- SQL and stored procedure development preferably using Oracle.
- Knowledge of efficient SQL writing and SQL tuning a plus.
- Experience working with JSON, XML and CSS.
- Extensive knowledge of ColdFusion required.
- Ability to read technical documentation (API docs, Language references, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently, effectively, and efficiently.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage to deadlines.
My client is one of the premier providers of healthcare software solutions providers in the world. Not only are they a publicly traded company but their solutions have humanitarian effects. The results of their cutting edge technology solutions allow for doctors and physicians to access mission critical information quickly and efficiently. The solutions are all web based and manage some of the largest data streams from staple hospitals and care centers across the globe. Whether it’s patient tracking, admissions data, or trend setting illness trackers, the technology is constantly allowing companies to take things to the next level and ensure that best practices are a culture, not something to strive towards.
The team is about 10 folks, most of whom have been with the company for over 5 years which is extremely rare in IT. The team is made up of engineers from all different backgrounds and walks of life. This role offers 3 work from home days per week, with the only on site requirement being on Monday and Wednesday.
- ColdFusion programming experience (at least 8.0)
- OOP experience in a professional setting with any back end language (PHP, Java, C#, Python)
- Experience creating web applications from scratch
- SQL injection/ Stored Procedures
- Oracle, MSSQL, or MySQL experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in big data environments including data architecture, data mining, etc. (plus)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience coordinating requirements and issues with clients (plus)
Competitive salary, 3 days per week remote work, and opportunity for a bonus with comprehensive additional benefit coverage.
6 Month Contract to Hire
We are seeking a candidate will be responsible for performing complex development tasks involving a large Oracle database and supporting dependent applications and maintenance efforts. Must be very detailed oriented with strong development and unit testing skills. The candidate must work to ensure the accuracy, completeness, and integrity of data in multiple database environments. The candidate must have expertise in Coldfusion, JEE, PL/SQL or SQL and web application development. Experience with Oracle, ETL and web services is desired.
The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and must be very proactive in monitoring, analyzing and solving critical issues. This person will interact frequently with customers, subordinates and functional peer groups at various management levels. The candidate must be a good communicator with an ability to work in a distributed environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field and 2+ years related technical experience (or equivalent based on evaluation of academic credentials, training and/or experience) or a Master’s Degree in a related technical field and 2+ years of related experience.
- Must be able to a Public Trust Clearance. ?
- Must be customer focused and has experience working directly with the end client
- Must have experience in working with a distributed team
- Must be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Must have strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mindset
- Must be an effective verbal and written communicator, able to work with both technical and business users
- Experienced with enterprise relational database management systems.
- Must be an experienced client-side tool developer, familiar with database access and automated testing techniques
- Must have a commitment to delivering high-quality software and data
Experience with AJAX, JQuery, Web Services, and SOAP
Want to work with a team of imaginative designers and innovative developers? A full service digital agency located in Washington D.C. is in need of a ColdFusion developer. Candidate will work on troubleshooting and optimizing current environments as well as integrating new technologies. This is a fast paced environment where you will be in charge of your own projects! Ideal candidates will have a strong background and experience developing web applications and be comfortable having direct contact with clients.
- PHP/ Drupal, WordPress
- HTML (5), CSS (3)
- MySQL experience strongly preferred
Full health coverage, Parking/Metro allowance, 401k match up to 5%, competitive salary, collaborative team
Growing web hosting company is looking for a sharp and talented Developer to join our awesome team to work on one of the largest ColdFusion projects. This is a social site with millions of active members. We are transforming our codebase from “over 9000” CF files to a brand new custom MVC frame work. Every page, every function, every query is being rebuilt from the ground up. The candidate must be a quick learner who is able to work independently and work well in a team environment.
- Develop innovative product from the ground up
- Maintain current product
- Push the envelope of ColdFusion and object oriented programming
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- 3+ years of proficiency and hands on experience developing ColdFusion web applications.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about creating excellent products and innovative features.
- Experience with at least one web programming language other than ColdFusion.
- Can demonstrate the ability to grasp concepts and work quickly.
- Strong experience with the following:
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of ColdFusion Best Practice and Design Patterns.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical and troubleshooting experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Casual and fun work environment.
If you are an experienced ColdFusion Developer looking for a position with a leading company, Bartech can help! We are a leading staffing firm and our clients include some of the nation’s biggest companies. Our client has a need for a ColdFusion Developer. This is a contract position; however it is not uncommon for assignments to transition into permanent positions with our client companies. If you have the background we are looking for, and you are interested in an opportunity to get your foot in the door with leading company, we want to talk with you!
Your specific duties as a ColdFusion Developer will include:
- Perform development and support for C#.Net/ColdFusion web applications and Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Responsibilities will include development of web applications, writing and managing stored procedures in tSQL, and performing maintenance and support for a myriad of security applications.
As a ColdFusion Developer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- 2+ Years Of Web ColdFusion Development Experience
- 2+ Years Of Web C#.Net Development Experience
- 2+ Years Working With Microsoft SQL Server
- Knowledge Of SOAP/REST Based Web Services
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Development Experience With Python Scripting
- Experience Building Reports With Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
- Experience With Windows 2008 Server
As a ColdFusion Developer with Bartech, you will be working through an established and respected staffing organization with 35 years of serving as a trusted partner to our client companies. We are dedicated to providing our talent with personal, responsive attention, and will assign an employee care representative to answer any questions or concerns that you might have. Depending upon the client, the assignment and your performance, you can find potential opportunities for direct employment. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with competitive compensation, including benefits.
Available benefits for ColdFusion Developer position include (but are not limited to:
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, including holidays
- Life and disability insurance
NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented ColdFusion Developer to join our great team. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that “reduces the burden of human illness and disability by understanding how the environment influences the development and progression of human disease.” What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
- Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
- Develop client solutions per design, budget and timelines
- Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Maintain web applications using standard API’s
- Conduct software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Identify and report potential development issues impacting timeline and/or budget
- Develop custom applications while following the company’s/best programming standards
- Produce quality well-tested code for the assigned projects
- Keep up-to-date with technical as well as industry sector developments
- Responsible for configuring plugins and gadgets that extend the capability of JIRA
- Administer the JIRA instances on a day to day basis including performance tuning/scaling the instances.
- Create complex JIRA workflows including project workflows, screen schemes, permission scheme and notification schemes in JIRA
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC
Duration: 6 months
- At least 3+ years of experience of relevant software development experience
- Experience with ColdFusion 9 or above
- At least 3 years of knowledge of FW/1 or other Object Oriented frameworks
- At least 1 year of experience working in JIRA and/or porting other ticketing system’s existing databases into JIRA
- At least 2 years of knowledge of SQL and relational databases (SQL Server and/or Oracle)
- At least 2 years of Knowledge of testing on major browsers and exposure to cross-browser/platform compatibility issues
- At least 2 years of experience with web and internet architecture
- Motivated team player and ability to lead independent self-managed projects in Agile/SCRUM team structure
- Great customer service and interfacing with customers required
- Must be flexible to change and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline, or Master’s degree
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.