We have an immediate requirement for a COLD FUSION DEVELOPER for a client in Washington DC. Please find the details below.
Please send me your updated resume along with your contact details if interested in this requirement.
Role: Coldfusion Developer
Duration: 6 months
Location: Georgetown, Washington DC
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering or related discipline required (Post-graduate degree desired)
- Professional certification(s) desired
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Required advanced knowledge of ColdFusion
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Oracle experience and PL/SQL knowledge
- Strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency at following accepted software development life cycles and associated standards and procedures.
- Demonstrated experience in Object-Oriented Design
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability of the following: J2EE, Java, Spring Framework
- Understands the concepts, practices and procedures of common software development methodologies and associated artifacts, and can apply them to complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to effectively adapt to changing technology and apply it to business needs
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with customers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
Coldfusion Application Developer – no recruiters – this is for a full time position in downtown Austin, TX.
- Develop innovative product from the ground up
- Maintain current product
- Push the envelope of Coldfusion and object oriented programming
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job:
- 3+ years of proficiency and hands on experience developing ColdFusion web applications.
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Passionate about creating excellent products and innovative features.
- Experience with at least one web programming language other than Coldfusion.
- Can demonstrate the ability to grasp concepts and work quickly.
- Strong experience with relational databases, such as MSSQL.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of ColdFusion Best Practice and Design Patterns.
- Advanced knowledge of OO Frameworks such as MVC and FuseBox.
- Ability to learn new programming languages quickly.
- Self motivated with excellent analytical and troubleshooting experience.
- Strong understanding of complex SQL database-driven products.
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits.
- Casual and fun work environment.
- Lunch from a local restaurant 3 days a week
- Funny Coworkers.
Best Buy is not only a retailer but also a technology-based company where technology itself is at the heart of our operation. Our Information Technology organization is transforming to play an integral role in defining and executing key elements of the business model. Since 2004 Best Buy had operated its information technology functions in a largely outsourced structure and maintained a small internal team focused on aligning the work of our outsourcing partners with business strategies.
Today, Best Buy has moved to a multidimensional IT model and expanded the internal teams and capabilities necessary to drive the IT strategy, architecture and technology solutions that support Best Buy’s growth. Our IT environment is fast-paced and constantly changing to meet the demands of our diverse business offerings. We seek talented, motivated professionals with a sense of adventure, diversity of thought, and the combination of creativity and experience to make a difference.We are looking for an Senior ColdFusion Developer
to work in our Application Development team on both new and continuing projects. The team is leading the market in driving customers to stores, buying/selling/recycling of otherwise unused electronics, as well as creating cutting edge services to power interactive online applications across a range of devices.
The qualified candidate will be part of a local and partially distributed team to develop and maintain web-based software applications and e-commerce solutions to support customer and business needs. The candidate will need to assist in the development and evolution of highly-available enterprise-level sites and applications according to a distributed development and administration model, and assist with associated standards, style guides, templates and process documents.
Key position responsibilities include:
- Design, Develop, Deploy and Maintain our online e-commerce and back-end applications.
- Troubleshoot complex system issues and fix software defects when required.
- Prototyping, building and testing scripts on new projects.
- Defect repair on currently deployed systems.
- Database programming, including SQL queries, schema, table and view creation.
- Unit testing of all code artifacts.
- Documentation of all work artifacts, including code comments, user manuals, and development notes.
- Continuous integration of code into source code control systems.
- Work with IT Leadership on strategic software and development planning.
- Collaborate with Best Buy internal clients and 3rd party vendors.
- Work closely with Project Managers and other team members both local and remote.
- Ability to work independently while participating in a team environment.
- Work within deadlines and establish responsible personal work plans.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Effective decision-making and the ability to make recommendations on technology strategies is important.
- Must have strong object-oriented programming and design skills with a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience with ColdFusion and SQL Server.
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience creating physical databases from logical data models, managing databases and writing stored procedures, triggers, views, and functions in SQL Server.
- Proficiency in applied SDLC
- Experience using source control systems (TFS, Subversion, etc.)
MUST be authorized to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or extensive training and experience in related fields.
- Test driven and Agile Development
- Java development, SOAP, Web services
- Breadth of understanding of development for eCommerce solutions
The candidate will assist our senior development team and participate in developing code, troubleshooting application issues, documenting detailed specifications, and ensuring the ongoing maintenance of current applications, the applicant should have good debugging/testing experience.
- Developing code, testing/debugging code, and providing support to existing applications.
- Documenting design, procedures, manuals and other documentation necessary for applications.
- Relational database design and development.
- Writing well organized & documented code.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and passionate for developing application.
- Proven ability to adhere to development process and deadlines.
- Must have a history of accurate and high quality work
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding working knowledge of MVC Frameworks. (Coldbox preferable)
- Knowledge of Scrum project management & Git Source Version control workflow.
Sr. ColdFusion Developer
TM Floyd & Company is hiring a Sr. ColdFusion Developer to work in TM Floyd & Company’s Service Center on a project to upgrade a set of analysis and reporting health claims applications. He/she will partner with a small team of dedicated professionals to ensure that the applications continue to function with Internet Explorer (IE) 11. The Sr. ColdFusion Developer will also be responsible for the following activities:
- Delivering code changes to make six support applications compatible with Internet Explorer 11
- Performing code unit testing before hand off to the client’s product verification team
- Delivering code fixes for test defects found by the product verification team during the development cycle
- Providing support during a 30-day period after code is deployed in production
- Delivering fixes for production defects that were introduced as a result of code changes during the project
- Adhering to proper software engineering and performance standards (changes must not impact existing performance standards)
- Working with resources in the Service Center to monitor progress and report weekly status
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in working with large companies as a software developer, preferably within the health insurance industry
- Experience upgrading applications to be compatible with new versions of Internet Explorer
FLEX/COLD FUSION DEVELOPER
Strong knowledge of object oriented ColdFusion 8.0, and accessing CFCs as remote objects from Flex 4.0.
Strong knowledge of FlashBuilder, Flex 4.0, and ActionScript 2.0.
Must be able to know how to maintain the ColdFusion server in the ColdFusion Administrator, including a general knowledge of how the JVM interacts with ColdFusion applications.
Web server knowledge such as IIS is also desirable.
Nice to have Jave, AJAX, WinMerge and MS Excel.
This is a great opportunity to be a co-founder of an ambitious, funded Los Angeles-based startup that will launch in a couple months. Betting on the rise of Asia, we have built a social and travel luxury platform targeting affluent transpacific jetsetters and influencers.
We have an immediate need for an in house part-time contract developer (20-35 hours/week) who is proficient in Coldfusion, SQL, JS, Jquery and CSS. Experience with Coldbox mandatory. You would work on-site in El Segundo and report to our lead developer. Ideally, we would transition you to a full-time position in the near future.
Must Have Skills:
- Strong Knowledge of and/or experience with object-oriented server-side scripting in ColdFusion
- Working knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Strong debugging skills and knowledge of cross-browser/platform compatibility
- SQL 2008 database architecture including normalized design, stored procedures, and reporting services
Nice to Have Skills:
- Hmtl 5 responsive
Under general direction, performs moderately complex application development tasks and assignments, using ColdFusion as the primary development language. Prepares detailed specifications, diagrams and other programming structures from which programs are written. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents moderately complex programs and applications, in addition to performing application maintenance tasks.
- Under general direction uses development tools and utilities to develop, support, and customize moderately complex business applications.
- Actively contributes to the analysis of requirements and resulting design activities for moderately complex business applications in the context of the full software development lifecycle.
- Performs analysis and design including utilization of UML, Use Cases, and Sequence and Class Diagrams.
- Applies the Unified Process development framework and agile development concepts.
- Develops and maintains required documentation for each phase of the development cycle.
- Assists in the development of technical requirements through interviews with business partners.
- Assists in the development of prototypes and/or functional/technical specifications to meet business needs.
- Codes and tests software in accordance with department, System, and industry accepted standards.
- Develops test plans and scripts for unit and integration testing.
- Applies division policies, procedures and best practices including change management, source code management, time tracking, and project management.
- Uses designated tools as required.
- Participates in moderately complex team projects and occasionally directs basic to moderately complex projects.
- Contributes to the achievement of team goals by leveraging experience and sound judgment.
- Provides direction and guidance to less-experienced staff.
- Consistently increases depth and breadth of knowledge in programmer/analyst key result areas: application development tools, analysis & design, project management, and leadership.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree specializing in computer science or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience and proficiency in ColdFusion required;
- Strong consideration for candidates with proficiency in ASP.NET MVC;
- Proficiency in SQL;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to think logically;
- Strong initiative and organization skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good project management skills.