The ColdFusion Developer will be responsible for supporting the existing infrastructure as well as developing new technologies.
- Develop new Web applications as identified by supervisor
- Maintain and support existing company-wide Intranet along with various existing Web applications
- Provide end-user training and support for existing and new applications (internal and external)
- Work in a team environment and willing to teach and to learn
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience with at least 3+ years’experience with the following:
- ColdFusion 8 +
- SQL Queries Microsoft
- SQL Server 2005
- Must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities
- Must be able to work in a varied fast paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate and teach non-technical users
- Respond proactively to training, technical support and customer service needs
Scope of the Project:
Contractor must work on site. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support an organization’s application systems. Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. May be expected to write documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, and corrections. Writes manual for users to describe installation and operating procedures. May require a bachelor’s degree in a related area and at least 2 years or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with relational databases and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
This position will be required to provide the following capabilities:
1) provide systems analysis and detailed design for COMPASS project.
2) provide support for AMH system development.
3) provide technology mentorship to existing staff while they ramp up on technology and existing system domain knowledge Specific skill includes – ColdFusion
- Communication skills û verbal and written
My client is one of the premier providers of healthcare software solutions providers in the world. Not only are they a publicly traded company but their solutions have humanitarian effects. The results of their cutting edge technology solutions allow for doctors and physicians to access mission critical information quickly and efficiently. The solutions are all web based and manage some of the largest data streams from staple hospitals and care centers across the globe. Whether it’s patient tracking, admissions data, or trend setting illness trackers, the technology is constantly allowing companies to take things to the next level and ensure that best practices are a culture, not something to strive towards.
The team is about 10 folks, most of whom have been with the company for over 5 years That’s extremely rare in IT. The team is made up of engineers from all different backgrounds and walks of life. This role offers 3 work from home days per week, with the only on site requirement being on Monday and Wednesday.
- ColdFusion programming experience (at least 8.0)
- OOP experience in a professional setting with any back end language (PHP, Java, C#, Python)
- Experience creating web applications from scratch
- SQL injection/ Stored Procedures
- Oracle, MSSQL, or MySQL experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in big data environments including data architecture, data mining, etc. (plus)
- Ability to work independently
- Experience coordinating requirements and issues with clients (plus)
Competitive salary, 3 days per week remote work, opportunity for a bonus with comprehensive additoinal benefit coverages
The candidate will assist our senior development team and participate in developing code, troubleshooting application issues, documenting detailed specifications, and ensuring the ongoing maintenance of current applications, the applicant should have good debugging/testing experience.
- Developing code, testing/debugging code, and providing support to existing applications.
- Documenting design, procedures, manuals and other documentation necessary for applications.
- Relational database design and development.
- Writing well organized & documented code.
- Self-motivated, tenacious, and passionate for developing application.
- Proven ability to adhere to development process and deadlines.
- Must have a history of accurate and high quality work
- Strong organizational skills and effective communication skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding working knowledge of MVC Frameworks. (Coldbox preferable)
- Knowledge of Scrum project management & Git Source Version control workflow.
Position: ColdFusion Web Development
In this role, you will join a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of ColdFusion applications and SQL databases.
- End to end SDLC support for web-based software development projects using ColdFusion.
- Hands on design and development using ColdFusion technologies.
- Functional and technical requirements analysis.
- Technical architecture, design, and development support as needed by the team.
- Communication and coordination of project and team activities.
- Participation in the planning and preparation of documentation (design, deployment, and other SDLC docs).
3-5 years work experience with the following:
- Software developer on ColdFusion applications
- Microsoft SQL Server or similar relational database expertise
- Complex SQL query development and optimization, efficient table design
- Comfortable in a team environment or working independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
ColdFusion Developer (Full Time)
Location: Boise, ID
Are you a tinker, finding the need to take things apart, just to see how they work? Are you a geek, with an aptitude for technology? Do you love a challenge, taking on any which confronts you as a chance to learn? If so, Synoptek may be looking for you!
Who is Synoptek and what would the job entail?
Synoptek is an IT consulting firm specializing in Business Process and Systems Consulting, Infrastructure Technology Consulting, Outsourced IT, Website and Software Application Development, Implementation and Design. We foster a fun and connected environment, with employee benefits extending beyond your general compensation and into weekly BBQs and office provided drinks and snacks.
In the role of ColdFusion developer, you will be responsible for providing support and ongoing improvements for a ColdFusion based SaaS website, built on an MVC framework. These improvements will require you to be able to make changes to MySQL database architecture, ColdFusion application logic, and user interface/experience. However, when availability permits, you will have an opportunity to consult with a variety of entities, such as municipalities, universities, and even entertainment companies, such as Disney. We appreciate a person who is excited to try new things, which is why we provide mentoring and an opportunity to learn and grow.
What do I need to know to be successful?
- HTML5, CSS3, Object Oriented Programming, Design Patterns (i.e., n-tier, MVC, and MVVM), User-experience Based Design
- MySQL, MariaDB
What other things would it be good for me to know?
- Unit Testing, Test-Driven Development, Integration Testing, Continuous Integration
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Dot Net Nuke, WordPress
What expectations does Synoptek have for me?
- A desire to learn and being able to take feedback/instruction from others
- Willingness to share personal knowledge with the team and expand our knowledge
- The ability to prioritize and switch tasks as priorities change
- Drive to overcome problems independently, but be able to identify when it is time to ask for help
- Ability to speak both “geek” and “laymen”, in order to facilitate clear communication to appropriate parties
- Professional communication and documentation skills
- An organized, detail-oriented, and ethical personality that can be trusted to ensure our clients success