We have an immediate opening for a Web developer with both front-end and back-end expertise, onsite in our New York City office. We have several large projects queued up implementing responsive Web design in new websites, and converting legacy code from procedural to object-oriented ColdFusion. Working within a small development team, the successful candidate will be able to influence design and functionality decisions and make an impact in the organization, a non-profit professional membership association.
We offer an excellent benefits package and a generous (think European!) paid time off policy.
- Design, build, test, deploy and support website applications, modules and other CMS extensions, including front-end design, database schema and overall application architecture.
- Integrate third-party software, APIs and Web services.
- Collaborate with other departments while testing to ensure deliverables meet expectations.
- Write design documents, use cases, user guides and other documentation as necessary.
- Maintain code and other deliverables in the code repository (SVN).
- Train/assist staff members with using the CMS and custom-built applications.
- Stay up-to-date with latest technologies and best practices related to Web design and development.
- Suggest new technologies to pursue, to benefit both end users staff and to enhance the Web and mobile presence.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, information systems, engineering, computer science or a similar discipline.
- Strong working knowledge of CSS/CSS3, HTML/HTML5, XML and AJAX/DHTML. Any experience with responsive web design is a plus.
- Strong working and technical knowledge of both PC and Mac based computing environments is required.
- Experience with the full project development life cycle (analysis, design, development, testing, deployment, etc.).
- Previous experience with e-commerce and content management is ideal.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well both individually as well as with other (often non-technical) team members.