Web Application Engineer (ColdFusion)
Status: Full Time
Location: Seattle Headquarters
Essential job Functions
• Translate end customer, internal business user, and external partner requirements to design and implement software solutions appropriate to business needs.
• Propose innovative approaches that translate complex use cases/user flows into a compelling, easy to use, and simple user experience.
• Team player who communicates & collaborates effectively with other team members, business users, and external partners. This position will join a small, extremely dedicated and collaborative technical staff.
• Support production site issue diagnostics, troubleshooting, and issue resolution. Provide off-hours support (24 x 7) when needed.
• 5+ years of experience developing high volume web-based applications
• 3+ years programming with ColdFusion 8+ using OOP principles in an MVC framework
• Proficiency in writing SQL queries and utilizing stored procedures
• Experience with relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server 2005+, MySql, etc.
• Experience with ColdFusion MVC frameworks (FW/1. ColdSpring, FuseBox, etc.)
• Experience with web services and 3rd party API integration (SOAP, Rest, SOA)
• Experience with code source control (TFS, SVN, GIT, etc.)
• SDLC experience in a Dev, Test, Stage and Production environment
• Must be a team player with good written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in agile development techniques such as SCRUM is a plus
• Experience with high traffic, high transaction ecommerce solutions is a plus
• Experience with ColdFusion administration in a multi-server/multi-instance environment is a plus
• Experience with PHP, C#, and/or ASP.NET is a plus
• Experience with Content Management systems like Mura, Drupal etc.is a plus
• Experience with eCommerce systems like Magento is a plus
• Experience in Telecom/Wireless industry is a plus.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
Interview Process: Phone interview followed by Mandatory On-site interview
Location: Germantown, MD
- 6-8 years overall business experience.
- 4-5 years of recent Cold Fusion experience.
- Previous experience designing, developing, and maintaining Internet site content and applications using Web development tools Macromedia’s Dreamweaver or other ColdFusion-specific editing tools and ColdFusion.
- Experience working in a multi-server environment (MS Windows) using development, testing, staging and production servers. Experience with Git and GitHub. Experience using FTP, VPN, and terminal services clients.
- Must be experienced with common web browsers, web standards and platform specific development issues.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005 or higher AND Oracle 10g or higher
Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for a higly talented, COLDFUSION DEVELOPER for an opportunity with a leading company in Tucson, Arizona.
Challenging and creative position performing design, development and maintenance tasks associated with an Enterprise level HRIS system including database driven Strategic Planning, Human Resources, and other database driven Internet applications. This position involves the implementation and development of cutting-edge, browser-based, web applications as a member of a Development Team. Developers will report directly to a Lead Developer and be a key participant in the fast growth of this company.
Creativity, passion and dedication strongly desired to build and implement Web based solutions and/or distributed database systems
Responsibilities include working directly under a Lead Developer to develop and augment modules of the company’s existing product
The person applying for this position should be able to build simple applications from scratch as well as troubleshoot and modify existing code
High-end database driven Internet programming, development, design, and troubleshooting skills are critical for this position, which requires a minimum of 2 years of advanced programming experience in *any* language
Flash, PhotoShop and Web UI/ UX design skills
COLDFUSION A MUST
STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF DATABASE CONCEPTS A MUST
STG is currently looking for a skilled Cold Fusion software developer to support our customer at Health and Human Services. This developer would be responsible for HHS application development, testing, deployment, support and maintenance. The developer will participate as proactive team member for multiple projects. You will become familiar with and support HHS software development standards and policies. You will ensure proper source code documentation and maintain proper software configuration management using HHS CM tools of choice. Lastly, you will deliver quality, tested products.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Conceptualize, design, develop, create, establish, support, and maintain current and future web applications / projects
- Work with analysts to interpret business requirements and offer technical solutions.
- Document technical specifications using Quality Center suite and standard modeling techniques.
- Provide input to technical standards and development process.
- Design, code, debug, document and implement internet applications.
- Work cohesively with Govt project managers to gather requirements and other pertinent information necessary to produce a working product that meets the customer expectations and need.
- Bachelor of Science – Computer Science or related field, or in lieu of degree 5-6 years recent Cold Fusion development experience with web enabled business applications using SOA and CFC.
- 2 or more years experience (with BS degree) in web application development w/ Cold Fusion Components.
- PHP experience a plus.
- Experience using component models and Object-Oriented languages (Java, C/C++).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) process.
- Proven ability to write, test, debug, and refine software applications to produce end product.
- Experience with software CM.
- Ability to analyze software requirements and design specifications.
- Ability to work independently, deliver within a tight schedule Cold Fusion development of web business applications.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Capable of dealing effectively with change.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and active listening).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extremely well organized. Ability to participate in the analysis and/or resolution of IT and Business issues
- Must be able to obtain a favorable Public Trust from HHS
Growing and stable company has an immediate need for a Coldfusion Developer on a contract basis for proximately 5-6 months. For this immediate need, the company needs a Developer experienced with ColdFusion to help develop and maintain an existing, mission critical application. You must be an accurate Developer and work very well in a team environment. They have a team of 5 developers and you will play an integral role at this company, as the Application you will work on is key to the company’s business.
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test, and support.
- Optimize application performance.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- 4+ years of ColdFusion development experience.
- Strong web development experience (HTML, CSS, ASP)
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail, thorough testing/QA.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Develops advanced web-based applications based on client/user needs.
- Develops SQL based batch processes for data feeds that are in a variety of formats such as XML, tab, fixed width, and comma delimited formats.
- Tests all aspects of one’s code and the code of team members to ensure the system works accurately and meets the defined specifications.
- Modifies existing programs based on client/user needs.
- Documents applications/programs to ensure maintainability.
- Provides assistance in researching/solving production problems and troubleshooting nightly batch issues.
- Documents steps for resolving production issues.
- Provides off-hour support as required to implement code changes into production.
- Designs and builds databases.
- Builds SQL queries, stored procedures, and SQL triggers.
- Must be able to work independently or in a small team environment.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (Experience, Skill, Academic)
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing advanced web-based applications using ColdFusion (CF8 and above required, PHP).
- Minimum 5 years experience and thorough understanding of Object Oriented Design concepts
- Experience with Cold Fusion application Frameworks specifically ColdBox
- Experience developing applications for mobile platforms (IOS preferred)
- Experience in development of Web Services and a thorough understanding of XML
- Minimum 5 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server (SQL Server 2008 and above required), with a deep understanding of Database theory and strong Stored Procedure, Database Design and Analysis skills (Additional experience with MySQL a plus).
- Experience with Microsoft Integration Services
- Minimum 5 years experience using Source Control tools such as SVN and GIT.
- A thorough understanding of cloud computing concepts using AWS.
- Must have experience working in NT, Unix and Linux environments.
- College Degree with emphasis on Computer Science is preferred.
- Good analytical and problem solving abilities required. Must work effectively with many internal areas of the organization. Must be very detailed oriented and methodical in approach.
Successful candidate will take part in the design, refactoring, programming, and implementation of highly complex & innovative Event Management Platform. We require the highest level of integrity and commitment to excellence. Candidates should be independent, self-motivated and highly analytical, with a proven record of teamwork and dependability.
262-684-5600 ext 101
Our Hopewell area business is seeking experienced Web Development candidates for a three month contract.. This developer role will create dynamic web applications as well as maintain existing internal and external applications. The candidate will also be involved in the development of internal tools and applications under the supervision of a department supervisor.
Position responsibilities include:
- Developing, implementing, and supporting dynamic web and internal applications
- Serve as a resource in web technologies, maintaining a strong understanding of current trends and related technologies
Position requirements include:
- 2+ years of web development (HTML, CSS, Jquery, HTML5)
- 2+ years experience with ColdFusion and SQL
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Software Engineering and/or related field, commensurate experience without degree will be also be evaluated
Ideal candidate qualifications include:
- Experience building dynamic, database driven, ColdFusion applications
- Experience with ecommerce development
- Solid data analysis skills and strong working knowledge of SQL Server
- Experience in generating cross-browser compliant code
- Additional programming experience with Flash, AJAX, PHP, Java is a plus