Candidate would update and improve current Coldfusion applications
Qualifications include 2 or more years experience with:
- IIS 7.5
May require occasional travel to Corporate office in Columbus, NE
We are seeking a ColdFusion Web Application Developer to work onsite at our client’s location in Downers Grove, IL in a contract capacity. This position is responsible for maintaining and developing applications for websites, plus the administrative applications and databases that support them. This position establishes web development standards for the Web Team, as well as defining technical procedures and policies.
The web application developer is responsible for maintaining and improving websites, by creating dynamic applications that support online client’s needs and related web marketing efforts.
- Establish standards for application development and frameworks
- Define technical procedures and policies
- Plan, design, develop and QA new web applications, related databases and data transfers (as required), to support interaction with the public websites and the administrative applications that support them
- Modify and update existing applications as needed
- Administer existing websites, and develop new sites as required
- Plan, design and develop data migration and synchronization processes between the web site and our internal systems
- Provide server administration support, including creating new MS SQL Server databases, new web sites in IIS, and basic server troubleshooting
- Work with hosting company on server configuration changes, upgrades, firewall management, and monitoring
- Establish and maintain internal development environments
- Provide website reporting and analysis to gauge the performance of the websites and web Marketing efforts
- Manage and report on multiple projects simultaneously, while balancing new challenges and changing priorities, under tight deadlines
- Administer and maintain web content management systems
Skills and Abilities
- Expertise with ColdFusion application development and the maintenance/improvement of existing applications and technology infrastructure
- Expertise with MS SQL database development, maintenance and improvement
- Expertise with IIS and server technologies
We are looking for an Adobe ColdFusion developer to join our dynamic development team. The developer would engage in complex application programming using Coldfusion, jQuery, AJAX, SQL, as well as participate in application testing and debugging.
- B.S. in Computer Science (Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years experience with Adobe ColdFusion
- Object oriented programming using ColdFusion components and database stored procedures
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML5
- Understanding of developer toolkits such as CFEclipse
- Understanding of versioning control software, specifically GIT
- Desire to increase technical knowledge
- Excellent time management and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced development environment
COLD FUSION DEVELOPER–DIRECT HIRE POSITION 75K
- Three years as a ColdFusion Developer
- Experience with JAVA Development would be a plus
- Able to work on multiple project at the same time
- Experience with SiteCore would be a plus
- 50% percent New Development (Enhancement/Added Features)
- 50 percent Maintenance (Troubleshooting / Bug Fixes)
- 60 percent Front-End Development
- 40 percent Back-End Development
- Experience with performance tuning, monitoring, installations, troubleshooting, backup and recovery, installs, configuration, support, etc…
- 24 x 7 environment
- Excellent communication required
We are in need of a web application programmer who has ADOBE COLDFUSION experience.
Additional skills that would be good to have:
JQUERY, HTML 5, CSS, TWITTER BOOTSTRAP, MS SQL, JAVA, XML, XSLT
This is a temp to perm position, temp rate of $30.00 per hour.
Position Title: Cold Fusion Developer
Salary Range: $45.00 – $55.00
Location: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Description: Sr. ColdFusion Developer
The Sr. ColdFusion Developer is responsible for the development and delivery of the core services required this platform. This role will help shape the development and delivery of products that are robust, efficient, and adaptable to our business. The person will work with peers within the company to deliver new products and functionalities.
Sr. ColdFusion Developer Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead ColdFusion development functions
- Assist in the architecting new features
- Design and develop major functional modules
- Collaborate with QA for testing and rollout
- Work with product management and PMO for functional definition and delivery
- Provide estimations and project planning items
- Communicate clearly to management deliverable statuses
- Help build and maintain a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
Sr. ColdFusion Developer Functional Skills
- 5 or more years of experience in technology, developing high volume web-based applications
- 3 or more years experience in ColdFusion
- 3 or more years experience in ASP.Net
- 3 or more years experience Database development (SQL) experience a must
- Experience in an agile development environment is highly preferred
- Knowledge of a MVC framework
Sr. ColdFusion Developer Experience and Qualifications
- Detail oriented, well organized, and ability to multi-task in a results oriented business environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to build strong relationships across functions
- BS in engineering, science or math-related fields
Position: Cold Fusion Developer – IMMEDIATE
Location: Washington DC
Status: U.S. Citizen or Green card holder ONLY
Estimated Duration: 6 months temp to perm
Rate: Up to $45/$55 an hour
IMPORTANT: Email word copy of resume and salary requirements.
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and document ColdFusion applications following prescribed standards and SDLC.
- Assume full lifecycle management of assigned applications to include direct interaction with end users to elicit requirements, evaluate alternatives and gain check off for completed functionality.
- Manage workload and priorities; set clear and realistic expectations to customers.
- Research technical issues/opportunities and provide recommendations.
- Participate in ad hoc projects and assignments as required.
- General Experience: Ten (10) years of progressive Information Technology (IT) experience including at least six projects in technical areas included in SOW. At least one project must have occurred within the past three (3) years.
- Minimum Education: Master’s Degree (Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 additional years experience is equivalent to Master’s Degree)
- Experienced in full life-cycle of application development.
- Solid database design fundamentals
- Must be able to effectively work independently or as part of a team in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of HTML 5 and jQuery Mobile
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services
Job Title: ColdFusion Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Duration: 12+ Months Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Work Schedule: 5 day week with flexible hours
Reporting: Positions will report to IT Manager – Two Positions
Date Needed: ASAP
Length of Assignment: 5 months
- Upgrade ColdFusion applications to version 9
- Implement Open Source Software Policy
- Support customer requested application and report enhancements for ADS supported technologies like ColdFusion, Oracle, SQL Server, BOE and Commercial Off the Shelf tools
- Support application upgrade and testing activities related to ColdFusion upgrade to version 9.
- Assess and document open source software / tools used within the organization Collaborate with ADS staff to implement the OSS policy and guidelines for Minneapolis IT-ADS section and support on-going tasks needed to maintain open source software / tools.
- Coordinate and work on compliance activities tied to developed applications.
- Assist with testing frameworks. Assist in designing tests so they exercise the test that is needed at the appropriate application layer.
- Work with development staff to understand problems with existing software and applications and provide recommendations for improvement and enhancements.
- Consult with development staff on technical issues.
- Ensure tools and/or frameworks recommended will align with FRS Enterprise Architecture (EA) bricks.
- Provide analytical insight around application design and help define best practices.
- Support customer requests for application and reporting enhancements in the areas of ColdFusion, Oracle, SQL Server, BOE and COTS products like JIRA, Mainsaver, Archer etc.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of IT concepts, application development best practices, strategies, and SDLC methodologies, architectures and technical standards.
- Solid background and proficiency in programming languages and tools.
- 3 to 5 years of software development experience in ColdFusion 8/9, SQL Server 2005/2008, Web Services (WCF), Web Applications, HTML 5, IIS.
- Experience in various IT regulatory and compliance standards.
- Knowledge of layered systems architectures and layered solutions and designs; understanding of shared software concepts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong preference for candidates with significant experience in any of the following areas:
- ColdFusion 8/9
- Microsoft IIS
- Open Source Software / tools used in Application Development
Technical design, implementation, and support of web based systems.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Technical consultation with users during requirements discovery and initial system design.
- Analysis of business problems, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Database design including tables, indexes, relationships, views and stored procedures.
- Testing to identify and fix bugs prior to release.
- Debugging and support of existing systems.
- UI design.
- Estimate development hours per project and communicate any delays.
- Continue learning about new technologies and share recommendations.
- SQL and database design (SQL Server preferred)
- ColdFusion or 3+ years PHP, Java, .Net or similar
- HTML and CSS
- API integration and/or development using XML, SOAP, or REST
Physical demands and working conditions:
- Ability to operate a computer and work at a desk for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, in person, over the telephone and in e-mail