Seeking an entry to mid-level Software Developer to support our mission oriented customer task for new and existing software and database systems development and support.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain enterprise business process solutions.
- Work individually or on development team to deliver customized applications using Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies.
- Design and develop application prototypes, utilities, and solutions across multiple environments using full life-cycle methodologies (requirements definition, design, development, testing, and implementation).
- Gather technical requirements and develop design specifications.
- Produce specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model.
- Participate in internal design reviews and code reviews; perform unit testing and conduct system testing. Assist with and provide input to implementation plans and operational plans.
- Create project work estimates;
- Report progress to program manager on a bi-weekly schedule or as necessary in a timely and effective manner
- Set priorities and resolve project issues with customer.
- When necessary get direction from program manager when issues need to be escalated.
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of experience in proven problem solving and analytical skills as they relate to Java, J2EE, SQL, XML and WSDL technologies and
Ability to work independently to complete project activities;
- possessing initiative to address issues and opportunities
- Flexible and able to work under tight schedules to meet deadlines.
- Ability to implement solutions and identify operational or management issues.
- Creative, collaborative, team-oriented
- Prior consulting experience is advantage.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- 3-5 years of proven experience in customer interfacing skills including need assessment, requirements gathering, scoping, risk assessment, and expectation setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills including experience presenting to customers at all levels, writing proposals, final reports and technical documentation. 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise applications using a full life cycle development process.
- 3+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, JSP, JSM, and EJB, to include working with internet related architectures and web service applications.
- 3+ years of external consulting experience in software development for the junior level and 5+ years for the mid-level developer.
- 3+ years of experience in the development on Windows Server 2003/2008. Knowledge in Microsoft SQL and/or SQL and database design experience.
- Working knowledge of ColdFusion 9.0 3+ years of experience with XML, XSL and XML Schema design.
- Working knowledge of EAI toolsets and concepts, such as EBXML.
- Working knowledge of portal solutions (SharePoint).
- Working knowledge of EDMS solutions (SharePoint).
- Ability to produce commercial quality specifications and design documentation including process flow, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, physical architecture, system and web services interface specifications, data dictionary and data model, etc.
FAAZ Consulting LLC Linthicum, MD
$35 an hour – Contract
I. BASIC FUNCTION
The Web Developer position will be responsible for maintaining legacy code in ColdFusion
and developing new code in ASP.NET MVC using C#. The ideal candidate will have a strong
background in ColdFusion and experience in ASP.NET with a desire to migrate to 100%
ASP.NET in the future.
The Web Developer position will be responsible for the development of web applications,
mobile web based applications, interoperability of existing and new association digital
infrastructure, and other digital products.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain & troubleshoot existing codebase written in ColdFusion and ASP.NET C# by acting as a consultant to business units, including technical guidance, planning, and application development services, along with implementation support
- Write ASP.NET MVC API’s and connections between commercial and legacy applications.
- Write business requirements from customer discovery meetings
- Write solutions and update existing code that is well protected from security vulnerabilities.
- Designing application architectures that are of high quality and adhere to industry best practices
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and customizing e-commerce applications interfacing with Personify using ColdFusion and migrating those applications to commercial or custom ASP.NET applications.
- Develop web applications that meet the documented business requirements
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing ColdFusion Applications
- Build web functionality that is data driven
- Write code to interact with a range of installed application API’s
- Write code to digest Web Services
- Write code to read and write to SQL and other databases
- Support UI development working with front end developers
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CS or related field preferred or a combination of CS education and relevant development work experience.
- Successful work experience in ColdFusion environment
- Demonstrable Experience and proficiency in ASP.NET MVC using C#
- Experience developing with an AJAX framework like jQuery, etc a plus
- Experienced in advanced development environments like Visual Studio
- Experience with JSON and XML
- Experience with a document database similar to RavenDB
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $35.00 /hour
Job Location: Linthicum, MD
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Coldfusion: 4 years
Power Kiosk Chicago, IL
$80,000 – $100,000 a year
Power Kiosk is seeking a ColdFusion application developer to work in a young and dynamic innovative team environment for the product development and engineering division.
You will be in charge of executing and coding our proprietary Software as a Service platform. You will be in charge of working with the CEO and implementing the vision and plans of the company into the product.
Primary responsibilities include technical Coldfusion and SQl Server design. You should have a solid understating of object-oriented programming, ORM technology and be able to code from the layout user interface to the relational database structure.
- Over 10 years of Coldfusion development experience
- Familiarity with SQL Sever and relational databases
- Ability to troubleshoot and act quickly in emergency situations
- Familiarity with ORM and Coldbox
- Experience in reviewing and testing code
- Ability to report the progress to the CEO and meet tight deadlines.
- Code, Debug, enhance, test and implement Coldfusion code
- Familiarity with Coldfusion 2016
- Self-motivated and adaptable personality.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Keen attention to detail
- Communicate the progress and plans well
- Flexibility to work after hour schedule on a case by case basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems and computer science or engineering.
- Knowledge of ColdFusion development technology
- ColdFusion developer certificates are plus
- Potential Equity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Web Development: 10 years
We are seeking candidate with Python Development experience who can support a highly visible contract. Candidates must be US citizens or Green Card holders to qualify for government clearances
- 8 to 10 years’ software development experience in web based applications
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with Python
- 2 years of experience with the Django framework.
- 1+ year experience with Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration.
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux.
- Experience with deploying to and securing apps on Heroku.
- 5 years of Experience testing across multiple web browsers and platforms.
- Be able to work with clients, peers and management in a highly visible, mission-critical environment both orally and in writing.
- Atleast 3 years of Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Coldfusion experience is a plus.
- Job Type: Contract
DIRECT HIRE / 3 Months CTH (Contract to Hire)
JOB SUMMARY OVERVIEW
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing ColdFusion, web-based software solutions. This development will occur in an Agile environment, typically in fixed-length sprints (Scrum methodology), with regular interactions with key Users and other team members. The Software Developer is expected to produce high-quality software, to function effectively as a member of a team, to interact with management and other members of the development group, and to continually seek to improve themselves and the company.
MAIN Responsibilities and functions
- Design and develop programming systems making specific determinations about system performance.
- Possess deep understanding of relational databases and be able to design new data models as well as efficient queries for existing data sets in MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL platforms.
- Analyze technical issues and clearly communicate recommendations/solutions.
- Expected to conduct system analysis and development, with limited support from professional staff, to keep our systems current with changing technologies.
- Expected to work on multiple projects simultaneously when asked.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs, and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Adhere to team development principles by using the established code management system, and participate in ongoing code reviews. Mentor and guide new developers in coding and design methodology.
- Making presentations to customer or client audiences or professional peers.
- Strong and effective inter-personal communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users and IT staff.
- Research and recommend software tools to management.
- Provide support assistance to application users to determine system problems.
- Review, to the extent possible, changes in applications and the environment that affect system performance.
- Participate in development of long range planning for new projects and facilities.
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Providing advice, training and technical support for various projects.
- must demonstrate good analytical abilities, attention to detail, and strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Work experience and education requirements
- Bachelors degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a developer (lead developer would be a plus).
Skills and knowledge
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting abilities
- Creative problem solving abilities
- Excellent Communication, Written and Verbal skills across all levels of the organization.
- Excellent Customer Service skills to all business customers and IT providers.
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Possess a positive, team oriented attitude.
- Ability to “think outside the box” to find and recommend creative solutions
- Experience and ability to teach or instruct co-workers.
- Possess advanced technical skills.
- Knowledge of data structures.
- Knowledge of computer logic and flow-charting.
- Ability to work productively both independently and in a team environment.
- Overall knowledge of the computing environment at large, e.g. typical uses and user populations of operating systems, communications protocols, hardware platforms, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries and/or complaints
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees in English
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Monthly expense reports
HUMAN RESOURCES RESPONSIBILITIES
Review and comply with ongoing department staff goals
COMPANY PROVIDED TOOLS
- Laptop Computer
- Cellular Phone
- Credit Card
- Mifi (incase of travel)
- Monitors (if desired)
Job Type: Full-time
Application Developer Lead
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience in accounting, business administration, computer science, or related field required.
- 5+ years experience developing business requirements, estimating work effort and development of test cases, establishing deliverable timelines and maintaining project deadlines.
- 5+ years experience managing technical resources, establishing personal and department goals.
- Must be very familiar with financial products and services, and bank operations. Experience with accounting and bank compliance applications preferred.
- Experience developing Business Process Management (BPM) workflows that interface will multiple enterprise systems.
- Strong knowledge of the SDLC process and the ability to enhance/manage/promote it
- Must have strong interdisciplinary IT skills and be familiar with IT Service Management and Service Delivery principles.
- Basic to advanced project management skills required.
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Citynet’s Software Development division is looking for an exceptional ColdFusion developer to join our team. If you are an experienced developer with a strong background in data driven applications for the web, who enjoys challenging, fast-paced projects – keep reading!
Our software developers are responsible for completing a wide array of projects. These include designing, developing, and providing support for new software applications, modifying existing applications for both our internal systems and our customers.
- Morgantown, WV
- Charleston, WV
- Bridgeport, WV (HQ)
- Westerville, OH
- Design and develop new solutions for customers
- Support existing systems
- Monitor and manage server logs
- Proactively seek methods for improving applications and processes.
- Monitor and improve system performance, efficiency, and availability.
- Improve professional skillset and efficiency
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel for client meetings and to other Citynet offices may be required.
Skills and traits of our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience.)
- Strong technical skills in web development languages and scripting with 2+ years of experience in
ColdFusion (or 3+ years of experience building complex web apps in PHP or Ruby)
- Understanding of application development and database design.
- Must have exceptional problem solving skills.
- Able to manage and organize multiple priorities.
- Strong sense of team. Understands the importance of standardization and team dynamics.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Our Environment and Tools:
- Adobe ColdFusion 10 and Lucee
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Adobe Creative Suite
- ColdFusion Builder
- Sublime Text
- Competitive wage
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Incentive Plan
Job Type: Full-time
The Information Security Technologist – Development Operations is involved with the planning, analysis, detailed design, configuration, integration, testing, implementation and support of security technologies. This role executes the life cycle methodology, support standards, and practices, in accordance to project plans while carrying out responsibilities that may include maintaining program libraries and technical documentation of the individual components within an application.
You will design software deployment methodologies and develop code to ensure transition of software between environments in response to business problems, and may participate as part of a team on development and support related work. Software may be internal or external, client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions, which may include company-wide, web-enabled solutions; and you will frequently work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. It is imperative that you will exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results and to be successful you will need to work with key contacts outside of your own area of expertise.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Completing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Analyzing existing programs or formulating logic for new systems, devising logic procedures, preparing flowcharting, performing coding and testing/debugging programs.
- Developing system implementation plans.
- Recommending changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Training users in conversion and implementation of systems.
- Working with Risk, Audit and Assurance testing teams collectively to reach common goals.
Experience and Skills:
- 2 or more years of experience in a software development or technical operations related role
- Experience developing and/or supporting applications with at least one of the following: SQL, PERL, Python, .NET, HTML, VB, IIS, Batch Job Scheduling, ETL, ColdFusion, IIS
- Experience working on the following platforms: Windows, UNIX
- Monitor, troubleshoot and repair application software issues
- Understanding of RDBMS and SQL fundamentals, able to run MS SQL Server and Oracle queries, reports
- Experience in a Financial Services IT setting
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in information security, business administration/management, or related field preferred
- IT Security certifications (CISSP, CISM, SANS, ITIL, etc.) desired
Hours & Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional evenings or weekends for maintenance and support
Basware is seeking a Software Engineer to work in a small team-based agile environment to carry out the design and development of the next generation of our industry leading Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) suite of Source to Pay (S2P) applications. Focus will be on building solutions that are intuitive, highly scalable, easily deployable, and of top-notch quality. Our S2P suite is undergoing exciting and transformative change and we are cementing our position as the leaders in this space. The software engineer will directly contribute towards software enhancements for this product whose future includes cutting edge technologies including AI/Machine Learning, Big Data, Analytics and Search.
The Ideal Candidate:
Recommended skills and experience:
- A true team player. No ego.
- Experience building SAAS software, preferrably deployed in AWS.
- Very good communication skills and ability to create written documentation about the code or functionality you develop. Very comfortable interacting with product strategy to discuss product business logic.
- Experience with agile development principles.
- Accountable and eager to execute with very high quality.
- Analytical and a very quick learner.
- Strong database knowledge with MySQL.
- Strong object oriented programming experience having worked with more than one server side programming language. Great to have Java or Coldfusion experience.
- Familarity with mobile app tech stacks. Preferably with hybrid technologies such as Ionic/Cordova.