- The successful candidate will:
- be highly motivated and able to accurately complete complex projects with little guidance;
- be committed to quality over quantity approach with a collaborative team mentality;
- apply expertise to develop technical solutions to complex problems;
- ensure compliance with current cybersecurity initiatives throughout application lifecycle;
- actively engage in a variety of software development and maintenance activities for the multiple projects working in a team environment;
- provide guidance as needed to junior level developers to promote depth of knowledge within the team;
- apply documented project processes and tools to ensure that quality standards for development and configuration management are applied to the project’s software development effort.
- A Master’s Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of experience or a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree a total of nine (9) years of experience or knowledge acquired through practical experience and formal education is required.
- Degree must be from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related work experience in Internet Application development, specializing in database-driven applications is required.
- Experience with developing charting tools for the web and with DoD Common Access Card (CaC) and PKI authentication is desired.
- Experience with support ticket tracking systems, revision control and application security software such as Subversion, Fogbugs and Fortify is highly desired.
- Extensive experience utilizing Microsoft (MS) Office Suite with emphasis on MS project and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) development and sustainment is desired. Security+ or equivalent is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The applicant must be able to obtain Security + or equivalent DoD_ 8570.1 directed certification within six months of hire date.
- Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Disk Enterprise Solutions, Inc. – Patuxent River, MD
Disk Enterprise Solutions, Inc. (DESI) is seeking a ColdfFusion Developer (Job Req 96) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This is a Full Time position located in Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MD.
- Performs software development activities encompassing the full breadth of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from requirements analysis to user support.
- Designs, develops, test, deploys, and maintains ColdFusion web applications using Oracle and/or SQL Server databases.
- Performs new software development as well as bug fixes.
- Prepares necessary technical documentation as part of the SDLC.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years related/relevant experience is required.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Three years of related experience in web software development.
- Two years experience with ColdFusion 10 or higher.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain SECRET clearance (INTERIM required to start).
- US Citizenship is Required.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience with Model View Controller framework using Coldbox.
- Experience with database development under Oracle or SQL Server.
- ColdFusion ACE certification.
- Active SECRET clearance.
DESI is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Required education: High school or equivalent
Required experience: ColdFusion 10: 2 years
Software Development: 3 years
Hosted Records Inc., Rockville, MD
Scope of Work: for this proposed service requires master level knowledge and proficiencies in a ColdFusion Web Application (ColdFusion 11 front-end, SQL Server 2012-08 back-end) as well as a client-server database application (Microsoft Access GUI front-end and a Microsoft SQL Server 2012-08 database backend).
The Senior Specialty Software Developer will act as a liaison between the Division of Facilities Operations (DFO) and the Web Developer Contractors for all web application maintenance and enhancement requests.
Additionally, they will be directly responsible for all development, maintenance and enhancements of the headquarters client server version of the Healthcare Facilities Data Systems. There are over 150 Tables, 200 Views, 400 Forms and Sub-Forms, 350 Reports and Sub-Reports. Almost all forms and some reports take advantage of Microsoft Access Visual Basic Scripting.
The database supports Federal Financial Accounting Standard 6 and audit requirements; and Federal asset management initiatives promulgated by the Federal Real Property Council through the implementation of Executive Order 13327, Federal Real Property Asset Management.
On-site location at Indian Health Services headquarters in Rockville, MD.
Must be US Citizen
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
ReynaITS is looking for a ColdFusion Web Application (ColdFusion 11 front-end, SQL Server 201208 back-end) as well as a client-server database application (Microsoft Access GUI front-end and a Microsoft SQL Server 201208 database backend).
The Senior Specialty Software Developer will act as a liaison between Agency and the Web Developer Contractors for all web application maintenance and enhancement requests.
Additionally, Developer will be directly responsible for all development, maintenance and enhancements of the headquarters client server version of the HFDS.
There are over 150 Tables, 200 Views, 400 Forms and Sub-Forms, 350 Reports and Sub-Reports. Almost all forms and some reports take advantage of Microsoft Access Visual Basic Scripting. The database supports Federal Financial Accounting Standard 6 and audit requirements; and Federal asset management initiatives promulgated by the Federal Real Property Council through the implementation of Executive Order 13327, Federal Real Property Asset Management.
Demonstrated knowledge of the Indian Health Service Healthcare Facilities Data System (or equivalent facilities management/real property database).
Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Financial Accounting Standard 6 and audit requirements. Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal asset management initiatives promulgated by the Federal Real Property Council through the implementation of the President’s Management Agenda and Executive Order 13327, Federal Real Property Asset Management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $110,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
Job Location: Rockville, MD
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: ColdFusion: 5 years
Required language: Navajo
Direct candidates only. No third party resumes. U.S. Citizens or Green Card holders only.
This is a contract opportunity with our client in Farmington, CT for a developer with at least 6 years experience Coldfusion development. The contract period is 6 months and will likely extend.
Responsible for designing, developing, modifying, and evaluating programs for internal functional areas including finance, human resources, and marketing.
- Strong programming/development and coding skills
- Excellent analytic and design skills Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data and data analysis skills using MS SQL
- Experience with Coldfusion Versions 7 and up
- Thorough knowledge of CXML and CFscript
- Experience using ColdFusion Components (CFC’s)
- Experience with MS SQL 2000 – 2008 – SQL / SQL stored procedures
- Experience working on a medium to large project(s) involving processes and procedures
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility
- 2 – 4 years experience architecting .NET application which includes developing custom frameworks to aid developers eases their tasks. Frameworks include security mechanism, logging, caching, ORM tool set up.
- 2 – 4 years C# experience
- Experience with Endeca IAP 5.x and up development with Development experience in Endeca developer studio
- Experience with Core-Metrics analytics
Job Type: Contract
Required experience: Coldfusion: 6 years
Min 3 yrs development experience in
- Application development with knowledge of component development, web services, web pages using Cold Fusion 8 or newer
- HTML, XML
- Oracle PLSQL
- SQL Lite
- vb.Net windows forms development, Dreamweaver IDE and Vb script knowledge is a plus
- BS or higher degree required (Computer Science, Information System)
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodology (preferably Iterative/Agile).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; Attention to details is critical
- Demonstrate thorough understanding and ability to use source control / configuration management tools – SVN.
- Demonstrate understanding of QA / QC process and test methodologies
- Ability to organize, disseminate information efficiently and set expectations.
Below skills are a plus
- Experience with change management procedures and release process
- Life Science industry background
Job Type: Contract
We are looking for a self-starting, creative and team oriented Internet Application Developer to join our Technology team in New York City! You will help develop and build web-based systems for our three eCommerce companies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Developer will be working with an in-house Development team to build and maintain custom web-based systems and applications
- Developer will be working in a team environment but must possess the drive to take ownership of tasks, always analyzing their own work
- Further duties include system architecture design and planning, database development and optimization, self-evaluating work performed for accuracy and practicality, troubleshooting new and existing system issues, upgrading existing Web-based systems
- Candidate is expected to learn and stay current with new and emerging development technologies and practices
- As part of the in-house Development team, developer will work closely with other team members in an open, friendly and collaborative environment
- Developer will be responsible for reporting to the department manager to receive new assignments and review current assignments
- We operate with a modified SCRUM-based methodology, so familiarity with that process would be beneficial but is not a requirement
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & TRAITS:
- 2-4 years of professional web development experience
- Must have knowledge and understanding of web usability & performance
- An understanding of cross-browser, cross-platform development issues
- Understanding of best web development practices
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to analyze work product from not only a programming standpoint, but also from end-user perspectives
- Familiarity with content-management systems
- Familiarity with using APIs to connect to data sources
- Familiarity with developing Web sites/systems for mobile devices
- Candidates must be able to provide examples of Web sites or systems they have previously created
WHAT ARE YOU GETTING YOURSELF INTO?
- Great coffee
- An energetic team that likes to laugh and have fun
- A casual work environment that values honesty and innovation over a dress code
- Health/Vision/Dental/Life Insurance
INTERESTED? SUBMIT THE INFO BELOW TO GET STARTED!
- Cover letter, explaining why you are a great fit
- Salary requirements
This position is part of the IT Technology Development division within the NCIS ITD organization. This position performs the following functions:
- Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment
- Designs, codes, tests, develops, and documents application programs for computer systems
- Supports stakeholder and product owner meetings to help define and validate software requirements
- Serves as a technical team lead on specified projects
- Identifies gaps in requirements and helps solve problems for the supporting staff
- Identifies sequencing of services and technologies that are integrated in later phases of the project
- Oversees application development and reports progress
- Maintains legacy applications
- Collaborates with DBAs, SAs, and BAs to design solutions
- Develops design artifacts
- Coordinates the installation and maintenance of software products and performs software maintenance
- Develops ways to improve performance and increase system availability
- Provides recommendations to infuse new technology
- Serves as a subject matter expert for specified systems and their subsequent applications
Requires the following experience:
- Requirements gathering, definition, and validation
- Solution architecting, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Web application development, to include Section 508 compliance
- Optimization and maintenance of web application code
- Creation of SQL statement and stored procedures, to interact with Oracle and MS SQL databases
- Source control — version control, branching, and merging concepts
- Creation of documentation for auditability and traceability of all activities performed
- Extensive experience in design and code reviews
- Ability to provide feedback/recommendations for business process improvements
- Experience performing unit testing
The ideal candidate also possesses the following:
- Experience mentoring junior and mid-level developers/engineers
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, agile team environment — with DBAs, network engineers, server/systems administrators, and desktop support engineers and technicians
- Ability to work and design/build solutions, with minimal direct supervision
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, with proven ability to interact with multiple disciplinary team members and customer personnel
- Strong desire to continuously improve and grow personally/professionally, as well as part of the team
- Bachelor’s degree (May be substituted for additional years of experience)
- 7+ years of experience with large and complex IT systems; Requirements gathering, definition, and validation, Solution architecting, design, implementation, testing, and deployment
- DoD 8570 – IAT Level II (GSEC, Security+ CE, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- Active Top Secret clearance is required to start, must be eligible to obtain SCI-level adjudication
Pay: $100,000 – $125,000 a year